My first 25pts Khador list

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
tyranerd
Now we're getting somewhere...

My first 25pts Khador list

Post by tyranerd » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:57 pm

So far I've only played Cygnar in warmachine so I thought I'd branch out a bit so I got the Khador battlebox as I love the look of their big chunky 'jacks (also watching wargamergirl helped) so far this is my list

ESorscha +5
War dog -1
Destroyer -9
Juggernaut -7
Widowmakers -4
Kovnik Joe -2
Winter guard infantry (min) -4
WG UA -2
WG Rocketeer -1

Can anyone give me any advice on this list? How can I avoid messing up royally and getting snowploughed? (Pun intended) Also, I have every intention of replacing the jacks at some point, does anyone have any thoughts on which ones would contribute most to this list?
I'd also considered the following additions to bring me up to 35pts

Upgrade WG infantry to max
Widowmaker Marksman
2 more Rocketeers
Great Bears

Am I looking in the right places?
Thanks all very much for whatever advice you might have!

gobbo7603
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: My first 25pts Khador list

Post by gobbo7603 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:54 am

Spriggan or Beast 09 are probably two of the best choices to take in terms of Jacks with eSorscha IMHO.

One of the other choices you could consider when going to 35pts is not taking the Marksman and a Rocketeer and take the new Khador Journeyman Warcaster Malakov and give him the Destroyer. Frees up the focus strain from Sorscha and Malakov can feed it the focus it needs to shoot, before casting Redline on it and sending it stomping in.

Greywolf
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Greywolf » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:53 am

Looking good so far. Will back up gobbo on the purchase of either Beast or Spriggan as your next 'jack choices. I most definitely max out the Winter Guard. And you certainly can't go wrong with adding Andrei to the mix. I love the War Dog, but Reinholdt and Sylyss are both worth looking at as well with a lot of our casters.
https://www.facebook.com/gearsandgutsgamingclub
Gears and Guts Gaming Club
Gaming in Sanford, NC

Flanagan

Post by Flanagan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:30 am

I'm not so experienced a player as to read your army list and can tell you if it's good or not. I've always thought "if the player knows what to do then anything is viable". I'd try it out a couple times, learn the rules fairly well, and then assess your list. I tend to just "slap" lists together on the spot, learning what works well together as a result, but also discovering personal play style and model combos that opponents aren't too familiar with. It takes a lot of time though, and losing a lot as well. ANYWAYS! Think about getting the spriggan, it's a good utility jack that works with a lot of casters. Good luck!

P.S. I think ESorscha is +6 warjack points, but ignore this if i'm wrong.

tyranerd

Post by tyranerd » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:16 am

Gobbo and Greywolf, i think I'm definitely going to swap out the Destroyer for a Spriggan at some point then, I'd been considering a devastator but since they're the same awesome looking chassis I don't feel like i'd be missing out.
Definitely +5, Flanagan! Thanks for the input, though!

Flanagan

Post by Flanagan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:19 am

Tyranerd, not to start an argument but I did have a look at Epic Sorscha's card and it appears she gives +6 warjack points. Prime Sorscha gives +5 points.

tyranerd

Post by tyranerd » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Hm. I guess my copy of War Room needs updating then because I just did the same and you're right!