New to circle

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
cj rex
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

New to circle

Post by cj rex » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:08 am

I'm fairly new to both warmachine and hordes. I've been playing for about 6 months and have a fair grasp on the rules. I choose Cryx as my first army and feel comfortable enough with them, to switch to Circle. I know Circles learning curve is sharp but I like challenges, plus I love there range of models. This is more over to see where I should go next, my next "need" for Circle, and to see if I can get any pointers or tips.

Currently I have:
pKaya
eKaya & Laris
pMorvana

1 Warpwolf
2 Argus's
1 Razorwing Griffin

Druids
Shifting stones & UA
Skinwalkers & UA

Cheers :)
So you mean to tell me you don't fear the things that go bump in the night? While you're in the woods? Foolish.

Greywolf
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: New to circle

Post by Greywolf » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:58 am

Both Kayas can run beast heavy and honestly, I have had a lot of success with pKaya with the battle box beasts. A Pureblood is a good investment to run with the Feral as it gives the Feral access to Ghostly thanks to the Pureblood's Leadership [Warpwolves]. With Morvana, she likes infantry. She works very well with Tharn, though if you are like me and play an all wolf based army, then Wolves of Orboros are also pretty solid. Pick up the Overseer for your Druids. Lord of the Feast is a good anti-infantry tool and a very scary solo for your opponent to deal with. I also find that I take Wolf Lord Morraig quite a bit as he is a long range threat.
https://www.facebook.com/gearsandgutsgamingclub
Gears and Guts Gaming Club
Gaming in Sanford, NC