Legion of Everblight Journeyman league

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
Eduboy94
MiniWarGaming Regular

Legion of Everblight Journeyman league

Post by Eduboy94 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:50 pm

I'm going to participate JM with Legion and need some advice what to add in each week. I'm going to play Lylyth BB.

1. week
- pLylyth
- Carnivean
- 4x Shredder

15p
- Forsaken

25p
- Ravagore

35p
- Ogrun Warspears and UA

50p
- something????

What do you guys like my plan? Is it totally turd?

IPlayThisGame
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Legion of Everblight Journeyman league

Post by IPlayThisGame » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:29 pm

Those are all great models to have, and certainly won't hurt you in the long run. The real downside is pLylyth doesn't want a lot of beasts, especially not 4 Shredders, but you'll be stuck with them for the league. Up to 25 points everything looks good, but for the 25 => 35 jump I'd say go with Strider Rangers + UA and a Shepherd. Striders are a unit that do work with every caster, where the Warspears are a little more dependent on your caster having a damage buff for them (which admittedly pLylyth does the best with Parasite).

The biggest thing I guess is what casters do you want to play after the league? You can expand your league list with the aim of achieving a competitive list with one of the other casters you like, since you probably won't use pLylyth much in the future (I've played exactly 1 game with her in the 2-3 years I've been playing).

Eduboy94
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Eduboy94 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:36 am

How about a caster change on week 5? Which would be good one? Saeryn?

IPlayThisGame
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by IPlayThisGame » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:29 pm

Any caster can be viable if you build your list right. So really just pick your favorite.

Saeryn is a great caster, possibly one of the best in the game. Her Feat is huge and she has some good spells to go along with it. Her main game is assassination via battlegroup, so if you're aiming to play her, you're going to want Scytheans, Angelii, Raeks and Spell Martyrs above all else. When Zuriel gets released, he will also be a big boon for her. You can include Forsaken and Shepherds as the number of beasts rise, and while Saeryn doesn't do much for infantry, Hex Hunters or Striders work pretty well with anyone, and can make quick work of any Breath Stealer-ed enemy infantry.