Help with a 50pt Piggie (Farrow) list

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
m14
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Help with a 50pt Piggie (Farrow) list

Post by m14 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:21 am

Hey all!
So I'm putting together a 50pt Helga tier 4 list using the new goodies, and the base question is do I go for a 2nd War Hog or 2nd Road Hog. In the list you'll see that I put the war hog in, but have the spare point to upgrade to the Road. So here it is:

Helga (+6)
2 War Hogs (8)
Road Hog (9)
2 Meat Threshers (8)
Maximus (2)
2 Farrow Slaughterhousers (6)

Oh and now to the tier benefits: reduced cost on the battle engines, Maximus and the Slaughterhousers get AD, my deployment zone is extended 2" forward, and I get +1 to starting roll.

So if you have any input or questions, please feel free to post and I will try to answer the best I can.

Tonio
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Help with a 50pt Piggie (Farrow) list

Post by Tonio » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:14 pm

I would go with the second Road Hog before a second War Hog. The list already has punch in your first one and the two Slaughterhousers units. Farrows suffer a lot from Stealth and lack of spot removal, and without Gun Boars or Bone Grinders, the two sprays will be your only "accurate" shooting. It can also put a lot of pressure on weaker casters and warlocks. Go for the speed hog!

Rannikthered
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Help with a 50pt Piggie (Farrow) list

Post by Rannikthered » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:20 am

my advice is NEVER leave a point gap. Always find a way to use that last point. Plus Helga is pretty good with road hogs, because she needs some ranged support.