Starting a Khador Army

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
BunkhouseBuster
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Starting a Khador Army

Post by BunkhouseBuster » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:59 pm

I've had that camera a year, and I'm still figuring it out ;)

Update on the army, I have expanded further on my army. I have added in:
- Man-O-War Demolition Corps
- Winter Guard Infantry with Rocketeers
- Great Bears of Gallowswood
- Koldun Lord

I'll be working on these models next, and will get pictures up that is done. I do need to start working on basing everything too, that will be the tricky bit.

I have also invested in, for the first time, a spray can of matte varnish to seal my models, especially the pewter ones. Once it the temperatures get back above freezing, I'll try that out as well.
My Wargaming Collections
Space Wolves and Space Marines
Lizardmen
Astra Militarum
Khador

LoomingBadger
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by LoomingBadger » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:17 am

A lot of folks like the Winter Guard with either Sorscha. I haven't run them myself, but be sure you have the Officer and Standard Bearer and Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich. A Winter Guard Death Star (army list heavy on the Winter Guard) can be pretty devastating.
Epic Mini Painting is currently accepting commissions.
Follow us on Twitter! @mousekins

BunkhouseBuster
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by BunkhouseBuster » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:27 am

Alrighty, I have got a few games in under my belt and am eager to expand my hobby into Privateer Press games.

I've got a couple games in so far, and I've been winning most of them at noob-level. Heck, my first game my opponent set me up with a victory and coached me through a simple caster kill. So far the players at my local store are decent folks who are interested in improving my game and helping me as a player.

As of now, I've finished painting up a unit of Winter Guard with UA and 3 Rockets, a Berserker, Man-O-War Kovnik, Koldun Lord, and the Great Bears. Next up to get painted is a Kodiak, 5-man Demo Corps unit, Vlad 1, Harkevitch, the Behemoth, and a Man-O-War Drakhun.

I'm keen on getting a block of Iron Fang Pikemen w/ Black Dragon UA and Iron Fang Kovnik to help them out. That, and Kovnik Joe to boost up the Winter Guard to 11.

That, or I could get started on some Gatormen ;)
My Wargaming Collections
Space Wolves and Space Marines
Lizardmen
Astra Militarum
Khador

Greywolf
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Greywolf » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:00 am

Go with the Black Dragons, you will not be disappointed. The IFP Kovnik makes them even more amazing!
https://www.facebook.com/gearsandgutsgamingclub
Gears and Guts Gaming Club
Gaming in Sanford, NC

Middle
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Middle » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:35 am

I Would say that pSorcha is a very nice caster. Really good spells and a good feat. Run her with a wardog and either Beast-09 or a regular Juggernaut in her battlegroup. Kovnik Joe and full Winter guard infantry with UA. throw 1 or 2 rocketeers in there if you have the points.
Widowmakers is nice as well.
Tyranids: On Hold....
Chaos Space Marine: 1500pts
Khador: 55pts