Warmachine Tactics

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
T3kn0man
Silver Vault Member

Warmachine Tactics

Post by T3kn0man » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:29 am

Hello Miniwargaming Forum! Long time lurker (kinda since becoming a Vault Member) first time poster here! I have been a longtime Warmachine Player (Cygnar mostly, Khador I inherited in a break up....long story) and have also backed the Warmachine Tactics video game. Recently they patched in the beta four of the core factions: Cygnar, Cryx, Menoth and Khador. The follow the basic battle box with an infantry squad (Trenchers for Cygnar, Winter Guard for Khador, Flameguard for Menoth and Mechanicthralls for Cryx) on one map, although they are set for another major update on Tuesday the 15th.

Anyways, I was wondering if any other Miniwargamers (or any of the wonderful staff!) on here would like to hit me up for some games over Steam if you are also in the Beta. I also have a Ventrillo and Mumble Server so we can chat while we play.

Message me on here or in private and we shall get some games going! Happy Wargaming!

ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Warmachine Tactics

Post by ArqArturo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:59 pm

So far, I have it on my wishlist on Steam, but I am hoping to get into it :).
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

baummonster
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by baummonster » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:17 am

Just bought it a few days ago, but only managed two matches yet. Definately takes some getting used to, infantry seems way too powerful atm.

Can't wait for todays patch tho, moar units!
Honor I do not seek, but a worthy death must be earned

MWG-Owen
Gold Vault Member

Post by MWG-Owen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:42 pm

The Cryx army is by far the strongest.

T3kn0man
Silver Vault Member

Post by T3kn0man » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:40 am

Cryx was very strong until they just patched in the new units. The dropped the HP on all infantry by 2 and though that doesn't seem like a ton it makes Mechnithralls die much faster. Additionally the new units (Cleansers, Knovnick Man-O-Wars, and Stormblade) just help demolish their infantry/light Jacks.

Oddly enough I think the weakest faction is Khador right now. Cygnar with their Grenades and Stormblades can hold their own pretty well (Charger can relaibley pick off an infantry or two a round or really hurt a Jack) and well Stryker is awesome. Cryx is nasty though and Denny's feat turn is rough but I think that's the key, outlast the feat turn and you are golden.

I personally think Menoth is overall the strongest. Fire just murders everything but heavy warjacks (although given enough time...) and Cleansers can put clouds or walls of fire combined with Temple Flameguard shield walls blocking lanes or tying up stuff. Not to mention their Jacks are very useful and of course Kreoss himself just a monster overall.

I find myself playing Menoth...which the Cygnar in me hates...and loves.

T3kn0man
Silver Vault Member

Post by T3kn0man » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:41 am

New patch on the 29th is adding one new Warjack to each of the factions: Defender, Vanquisher, Nightwretch, and Marauder! They will be adding in the ability to customize your army and squads as well! As if I didn't need more things to help me burn stuff....

marialuiza
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by marialuiza » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:15 am

thanks for letting me know that

T3kn0man
Silver Vault Member

Post by T3kn0man » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:22 pm

The new patch tomorrow will be adding full squad customization, and they will be adding Gunmages, Skarlock, Ironfang Pikemen, and Exemplar Cinerators. Should be fun to see what lists people come up with.

usmanali7
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by usmanali7 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:41 am

I will start out with a little about myself in this game. i have been playing for about two years. During school I rarely play but on breaks and summers I go to 2-4 tournaments a month and try to play 3 times a week.
I own four factions Khador, Cryx, Mercs, and Circle Orboros. I feel comfortable talking about any faction but Convergence with a good deal of knowledge. I am happy to help anyone with any advice I can. Please post any thing you want in this thread that I could help you with or preferably make your own thread to make this forum alive!
Decrease your exam stress by using our latest ccna 200-120 network simulator free download and best quality a plus online and ccie routing and switching syllabus - pass4-sure