Protectorate of Menoth VS. Circle Orboros 25pts

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
BoH
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Protectorate of Menoth VS. Circle Orboros 25pts

Post by BoH » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:23 pm

In my blog I post a Battle Report, not on video because I don´t own a video camera, but I will post videos as soon as I can. Hope you like it.
What would have been your strategy in this game?

http://bohmvd.blogspot.com/2014/04/prot ... boros.html

Mechnomancer
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Protectorate of Menoth VS. Circle Orboros 25pts

Post by Mechnomancer » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:03 pm

It look like you were just mirroring your opponent. If he wants to run his Cinerators way out, let him. You need your beasts. He does not need his jacks. I would run the Skinwalkers in front of you army. Use the Arguses as problem solvers. Launch them at solos or to engage a shooting jack. Meanwhile, you're looking to get into a position to charge or shift the feral to Kreoss. Ignore the jacks if you can. Kaya can potentially finish off weakened models. Don't commit her unless you can kill his caster or end her activation in a safe spot.

BoH
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by BoH » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:28 am

Now you mentioned, that´s right, I was mirroring him. Do you play with Circle? Because I really need to know what to do with my "shifting stones", I like it, but I don´t know how to play with them.

PrimerJohn
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by PrimerJohn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Not that I play Circle, but I would recommend checking out the Battle Reports of others. Either here on Miniwargaming or elsewhere. The Shifting Stones seem to be a pretty standard facet of most Circle armies. You can see how people utilize them, and you can see how other players target them. And of course, the more you play, the more practical experience you put into learning how to use them yourself.

Thanks for sharing.