Cryx vs RoS tactics

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
Eduboy94
MiniWarGaming Regular

Cryx vs RoS tactics

Post by Eduboy94 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Never played against RoS, and I have no idea what they do, expect they shoot far and they have some shield things. Can you guys help me little bit? I made 25p list. What do you like?

deneghra *5
deathripper 4
reaper 7
bane Knights 10
tartarus 4
pistol wraith 3
skarlock 2
Last edited by Eduboy94 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IPlayThisGame
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Cryx vs RoF tactics

Post by IPlayThisGame » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Is RoF supposed to be RoS (Retribution of Scyrah)?

Eduboy94
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Cryx vs RoF tactics

Post by Eduboy94 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:36 pm

Yes, typo.

Cthulu Mechanicus

Re: Cryx vs RoS tactics

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:18 pm

RoS, to my knowledge, is very much spell-focused. Their jacks have an ablative layer of shields which can be recharged with focus, and have a lot of spell casting units, mage-hunting units, and a nice amount of arc nodes. I recommend picking up a few more bonejacks to allow for some more spell range.

Of course, I know very little about RoS and only a moderate amount about Cryx. Good luck in your future games.
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

IPlayThisGame
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by IPlayThisGame » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:14 am

My experience with Ret is pretty limited, we only have one player here and it's his secondary faction, so he only has a few models. I can tell you this much though:
- they're pretty fragile. Even their beefiest units like Sentinels die pretty easily
- they have multiple layers of protection against shooting (high def, several ignore blast damage, stealth, etc) so getting them with spells or melee is your best bet
- their war jacks are pretty middle ground. I've never had trouble killing one when I wanted, and they seem to hit a little on the soft side. Apply Bane Knights and profit
- watch out for movement effects, they have big threat ranges or can pull your guys in closer to get the first hit.

With the list you have there I think you should do pretty well. Banes as your front line isn't ideal because you don't want them to be suffering too many loses before engaging, but Denny can fix that with a Crippling Grasp or feat. I think the biggest piece of advice would be to find the points for a second arc node, because one bone chicken can be sniped off pretty easily

Eduboy94
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Eduboy94 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:25 am

Hmm... Thats tough part, what to drop. Tartarus is too good. I think 1 chicken might be enough, I still have Skarlock. Or any ideas what to drop? I ask second question to same, what would be good against CoC? 10p game.

Mechnomancer
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Mechnomancer » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Wrongeye and Snapjaw would help immensely. Dump the reaper. It's a focus hog Denny1 cannot afford.

potato32
Gold Vault Member

Post by potato32 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:55 pm

So long as you don't see the new caster(floating meditating girl) or the new solo houseguard thane or kalyssera(warcaster). Just playing pdenny and banes/tartarus is hard counter to the entire faction of RoS. They are the sole options for ret to ignore stealth. With any negative to hit, ret is hard pressed to do anything to cryxian typical def of 13+. So the feat is basically your IWINBUTTON as it denies charges.

BoH
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by BoH » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:02 am

How did this match ends against RoS? I want to know more because I played Hordes, but RoS it´s the warmachine faction I´m trying to build.

Mechnomancer
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Mechnomancer » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:26 pm

They have a lot of shooting as well. The Mage. Hunter Strike Force is their premier shooting unit. The. UA gives the unit the ability to ignore line of sight. That means that they can rain down pow 10s that ignore cover concealment and intervening anything. Satyxis Raider are very good against them. They are fast, hit hard for turn, and are def 16 v. ranged. Blackbane's Ghost Raiders may help as well. The other rout is armor. Most of their shooting is reletively low pow. Terminus is always a problem for plinking armies.

MWG-Owen
Gold Vault Member

Post by MWG-Owen » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:00 am

Dont trust your opponent /NOT/ to bring a house guard Thane. They fixed one of the badly missing things in the nearly exclusive shooting faction. Any RoS player that is going to play anything resembling a competitive game will have these guys as an option if for no other reason than to kill banes.

Ravyn + Rifles + Thane = Second turn all Banes dead.

Eduboy94
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Eduboy94 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:34 am

BoH wrote:How did this match ends against RoS? I want to know more because I played Hordes, but RoS it´s the warmachine faction I´m trying to build.
Game was cancelled, because my opponent overslept. :D