Missing statlines

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
V3nd3tta
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Missing statlines

Post by V3nd3tta » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Firstly, I'm new to Warmahordes, so don't kill me for asking what's probably a dumb question. But here goes: I just got the Retribution army book, and there are models (newer releases, from what I gather) that aren't in it. My main ones that I wanted rules for are Arcanist Ossyan, the Hypnos warjack, and the new Cavalry warcaster. Where can I find the stats for these models?
40k:
Necrons ~7500 Points
(Dark Angels Successor Chapter) ~800 Points

Warmachine:
Cygnar ~70 points

potato32
Gold Vault Member

Re: Missing statlines

Post by potato32 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:24 pm

They come with a stats card when you buy them. As for where they appeared, it is in Wrath and Colossal 'expansions'. Their theme list also is within those.

V3nd3tta
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by V3nd3tta » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:32 pm

So there's no way for me to know their statlines before buying them, unless I buy whole other books?
40k:
Necrons ~7500 Points

Warmachine:
Cygnar ~70 points

Zweedish9
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Zweedish9 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:41 pm

You can't find any statlines on the internet. Any new Retribution models will be in either Wrath or Colossals.

If you don't want to buy another book the only internet resource is battlecollege.com (which doesn't give full stats).

Just as an FYI, any models you buy do come with their stat cards. The books are mostly for fluff and reference rather than being used in actual games.
"I want to play FOW but I can't get into the fluff"

"Nuts"

V3nd3tta
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by V3nd3tta » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Maybe this is just me coming in as a 40k player, but I enjoy knowing what my models will do before I buy them. :/
40k:
Necrons ~7500 Points

Warmachine:
Cygnar ~70 points

exodusofman
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by exodusofman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Then buy the books
I fall into a dark hole
And I can't come out
Do you know if Merlin did exist
Or Frodo wore the ring
Did Corum kill the gods
Or where's the wonderland
Which young Alice had seen
Or was it just a dream
I knew the answers
Now they're lost for me

Phury
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Phury » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:08 am

V3nd3tta, do you have a LGS you go to? Pick up the book off their shelf and take a look if you can. Like people have said, the Wrath book and Collossal book have Rets extra stuff. Battlecollege gives a basic breakdown of things to. It's not permitted to put full stats of models online by PP. They kinda frown on it but there are ways to find out. Your LGS is probably a good place to start.

camsmclean
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by camsmclean » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:56 am

I do what Phury does. Goto MWG sit there and look at the books. I do like having the books and planning out ahead of time. But the more I play (read: the more armies I collect) the fewer faction books I seem to buy.
Fantasy: WoC = 5000, Daemons = 3000, Dwarfs = 4000
40k: IG = 9000, SW = 4000
Warmachine: Cryx = 200
Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

Badger
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Badger » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:42 am

V3nd3tta wrote:Maybe this is just me coming in as a 40k player, but I enjoy knowing what my models will do before I buy them. :/
Also, pretty much everything besides the Colossals/Battle Engines come in unsealed packaging that is easily opened so you can look at the card.
"Men follow courage, not treachery."

baummonster
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by baummonster » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:45 pm

Have you tried looking up battlecollege or one of the stickies in the PiP forum for an extended writeup on those? That still won't give you specific stats, but you will get a pretty good idea about how they work

Also, if you own a smartphone or a tablet, you could always go for the warroom app and purchase the RoS cardset for a few bucks. I'm not a particular fan of the app, mainly because it's just a glorified pdf reader, but it's still a whole lot cheaper than buying the books
Honor I do not seek, but a worthy death must be earned