25/35 Khador lists

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

25/35 Khador lists

Post by easycompany » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Just after watching a Blue Table Painting showcasing a 'competitive' Khador army. They do a 25 point one and a 35 point one
The 25 point list is
eVlad
Sprigan
Man-o-War Shocktroopers (5)
Man-o-War Demolition Corp (5)
Sylys

And then for the 35 point list

eVlad
Sprigan
Man-o-War Shocktroopers (5)
Man-o-War Demolition Corp (5)
Great Bears
Manhunter
Kayazy Eliminators
Sylys

So is this list actually competitive? I haven't heard great things about MoW units but with eVlads feat both would be very mean units. I think this list would really fall to a shooty list. Not being fast would be a big problem
Curahee!

baummonster
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: 25/35 Khador lists

Post by baummonster » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Is it just mee or do those lists scream for eIrusk?
Honor I do not seek, but a worthy death must be earned

Zweedish9
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Zweedish9 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:27 am

The short answer: no, they aren't competitive.

Long Answer:

The idea with eVlad is that you need to have multiple feat vectors with which to threaten the other player. MOW really don't do it at all, especially within the 25pts list. They're too slow, and don't hit quite hard enough when they do get there for their points.

I would prefer in an eVlad list to have Uhlans, 2 units of eliminators, IFP (they actually make good feat targets), a Drkahun, 2 manhunters+Yuri, Kayazy over MOW.

I'm also unsure why they're using a Spriggan. You don't need any help in dealing with heavy armor because your feat takes care of that. To that end, instead of a Spriggan I would use Drago as the bonuses that eVlad gives him is really good (HOF+Assail) along with being focus efficient (which allows him to use transference) and cheap.

My 35-pt eVlad looks like:

eVlad
Drago
Sylys
Min Uhlans
Max IFP+UA
Drakhun +Dismount
Gorman
Kayazy Eliminators
Kayazy Eliminators

I might consider subbing out some models for eErriyss. To take it up to 50 points I would include Great Bears and the manhunter complement with another three-point utility solo.

A note on the Great Bears. Great Bears aren't great with eVlad until you have saturated the field with possible feat targets as they are characters and thus they cannot be feated. I would never consider using them with him until 50pts.

So, the lists really aren't very competitive. MOW still just aren't fast enough even with the feat to threaten the other person. With eVlad I would almost always consider feating turn 2-3 simply to get ahead on attrition by having models hit far above their weight class. eVlad lists generally are almost to all melee simply because he doesn't support shooting at all. His feat is also there to force any gunline list to engage your army.

Using eVlad's feat to speed up MOW is a novel idea however it doesn't really work in practice.
"I want to play FOW but I can't get into the fluff"

"Nuts"

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:52 am

Yeah when I watched the vid it didn't look competitive to me. Just wanted some other opinions on it. Cheers for that nice paragraph Zweedish! Always great to get your reply for these kinds of topics
Curahee!