It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cryx start...
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:14 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Damn your infernal painting skills :evil:
They all look spectacular, of course... :P

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:15 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

I got too many things to paint. I got most of that Necron stuff together, but I need to magnetize all the upgrade options before I can paint those. I just picked up about 60 Eldar models, and I have15mm painting commission for 6 cannon and 24 crew that I was hoping to have done Monday. They are running a tab for me as I buy and paint stuff. When they ship these cannons I should be back positive again.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:07 pm 

Getting mad... My Bane Lord was out of stock, so I ordered some Bile Thralls, the Pirate Queen, and Asphyxian and only the Bile Thralls are in stock. I'm not very happy.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:18 am 

Calm down, where'd you order from? That store you go to?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:16 am 

My local store orders through Alliance, which I here is one of the largest distributors, but for some reason they are having trouble keeping Warmachine Characters and Solos in stock the last few weeks. I think there is a surge in Warmachine sales to blame as it is not just the stuff I ordered. Most of the other boxes and blisters seem to be available fine, but not most of my stuff. One of the guys that came in Yesterday to pick up his stuff that came in Friday got something like 4 box sets and 10 blisters and was only missing one thing... a Warcaster.

At least I got my Cankerworm. I wish I could take more than one of those... :P

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:21 pm 
Bronze Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
If I may be frank...

...They look frickin' amazing. Very nice paint job, loving the purple.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:14 am 

I'm using the typical "Undead" colors. I refuse to use gray. I was thinking of putting mud oozing off them, but figured they were just so evil the mud can not stick... I still think my favorite model by far is the Canker Worm. All the little green slits and dots were a pain though, but it was worth it. I think the model is also really nasty too.

I have been so busy with new models and painting this last week, I was not able to get in any games. The next few weeks looks to be just as bad. I got a bunch on magnetizing to do when the magnets come in on my new Necron stuff. I need to paint my new Necron stuff. I have a bunch of used Eldar stuff I picked up cheap that needs some repairs, magnets, and paint. I have my Cryx stuff to finish painting... 5 Bane Knights and the 6 Bile Thralls when they come in (probably today). I also have my painting commission. I should have that finished up by about 1pm today and not get more until Thursday likely. I'm hoping to get my Necron Stalker painted today. Likely I'll paint some Bile Thralls tomorrow. Wednesday will be magnetizing and painting Necron stuff likely... Then painting WW1 Russian models for my commission. Busy, busy, busy... If I get my Necron finished this week (they paint really fast), I want to get at least some Eldar painted. This might take a month to get everything caught back up again...

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:27 pm 

Busy today... I got my commission finished, then painted my Necron Stalker, then painted my new Bile Thralls that came in....

Last edited by Todda on Mon May 21, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:25 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Nice!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:02 pm 

I think I am going to change the hose back to black. I also need to paint the rivets on the collars and finish the bases. I'm still looking to finish some of the flesh a bit more. I was rushed for time.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:34 pm 

Another good day of painting. Even though I got there late I still managed to paint up my other 5 Bane Knights and finish the touch-ups and bases on my Bile Thralls. I just need to finish the bases on the knights and I have everything painted so far...

There is supposed to be a new plastic kit in June for the 4 legged Helljacks...(a 3 way kit). I will pick up one of those. I'm still waiting on my Wreck Markers, Bane Lord, Asphixia, and the Pirate Queen. Anything else I should order to to round this off?

Last edited by Todda on Mon May 21, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:51 pm 

The Skarlock and Withershadow Combine are always fantastic and I don't think I've seen them up yet...
Other than that, I think you should be good for a while.

Side note: why is there no jelousy emote on here?
I reach for it each time I see one of your paint jobs...

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:15 pm 

I looked at Withershadow... and it is pretty nice, but not now...

Warcasters:
Warwitch Deneghra
Iron Lich Ashixious
Pirate Queen Skarre

Warjacks:
Slayer Helljack
2 Deathripper Bonejacks
Defiler Bonejack
Cankerworm

Units:
6 Bane Knights
6 Bile Thralls

Solos:
Bane Lord Tartarus
Skarlock Thrall

I was thinking either a solo that works well with what I have or another unit that works well with what I have... or both. Nothing to crazy though. I'm actually starting to like this game less and less do to the whole power list thing. I was thinking more Bile Thralls and a Bloat Thrall maybe.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:26 pm 

Power list?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:46 pm 

Yeah, that's kind of confusing me too... :?
Maybe it's a Cryx thing?

I guess Blindwater only has a handful of models, so we just might not be at the power gaming stage yet, but we still to do pretty well for ourselves.

For units, I would say fill out the Bane Knights or go with some heavy infantry (Ogrun?).
For solos, I would say the Warwitch Syren or some Pistol Wraiths.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next