All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Cost Compare
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:42 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Way cool, thanks Todda :P

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:54 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Hey... if they get busy enough I can get a job there... Currently I am unemployed and painting models to cover my hobby.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:32 am 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Thanks for reminding me Todda! I placed an order from them for some 15mm US Rifleman about a month back, still no word. Gotta cancel my order as I've already got the stuff I need.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:41 am 

About half the models they mold in house and ship right away. The other half are from another company. They are hoping the guy retires and sells off at ta reasonable price, but until then they have been having issues. I guess they went to a big convention and stopped regular production for a week to build up for it, then we gone a week. On top of that they are short handed and took forever to get caught up, but I thought they got caught up last week (7 orders behind and each order is like $500). The only other time they can not ship is if the supplier stops carrying stuff (which happens a lot) or the payment was no good (which happens even more often). The problem is the e-mails their system send out have not been making it past spam filters. I sit and listen to people calling in all the time while I am painting.

David is usually the guy answering the phone unless you call the Old Glory line, then it is usually Steve or Andrew. Steven is their primary molder. The two Steves are the owners. I have been painting these 15mm historicals for a few weeks now and they do look impressive. It is crazy how much detail they want in the way of the uniform colors and flags. They have different shirt and pants colors some times along with several variations of flags, but they also have different facing colors (cuffs and collar) for each regiment. I'm doing American Revolutionary war and the British are pretty strait forward except for the facing color, but the Americans had different uniforms (or lack there of) for each State and then they had Confederate uniforms and flags along with different facings. Then you have to use the base sizes and unit sizes that they want as most use their own game systems.

I'm going to head in there and see what I can do for you guys. You'll probably call the WarWeb number and be talking to David. He is very knowledgeable about Warmachines and Hordes as he got me into the game. He knows pretty much everything for each army. They also stock Gailforce9 stuff, Chessex dice, and a lot of scenery stuff. I'm not sure about the discounts for the other stuff, but Warmachines and GW should be 20%.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:45 pm 

I guess they have a few Warmachine things buried on their site, but if you want to call and place an order (231-799-0159) they can get anything you want (unless the supplier is out of stock). He said 20% is fine. He is talking to the owner to get that on the website too as I guess GW is 20% also. The site is a pain though. I would just get the number off the website and call. They have a flat shipping rate of $8 in the US and I guess Canada is pretty cheap for shipping too, but they will ship World Wide. They can ship the Privateer Press stuff anywhere in the World, but there are restrictions on the US stuff. They have to charge Sales Tax if you live in Michigan for the mail order stuff. They take most Credit Cards and Pay-Pal.

Update:
If you call on the Weekend you likely will just get an answering machine. Call between 9 and 4 to be safe. I talked to David (he usually answers the phone and taking orders), but I am not too sure if he talked the Steve (the main owner). They only carry the Starter Set and one of each Battle Box and possibly one of each book, but I'm not sure on that for Warmachine and they are making new Battle Boxes for Hordes that are supposed to come out very soon that he will stock. If they do not have something it will only take them 2-3 day tops to get it in... if their supplier (Alliance) has it in stock. If something is not in stock they will likely call or e-mail you to see if you.