It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:39 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

I want to start a daemons army but I'm not completely sure where to start, in know I want to do all four gods and u already have the codex, 10 blood letters and ten pink horrors and a deamon prince but I still need help about what to collect.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:43 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Location: Dining in the void of immaterial with Charlie Chaplin.
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
with daemons there is no shame in pretty much grabbing whichever models you like. The elites you want a balance between flamers, and something else. Just flamers works poorly in high point games. Perhaps blood crushers or fiends. NEVER Beats of nurgle. Fast attack, Tzeentch and Slaanesh are boss. HQ's? Low point get skull taker. High point either fateweaver or a bloodthirster. or if necessary a keep of secrets though i have never used one. Most of the units in daemons are pretty solid. Cant really go wrong. Its more or less mastering them thats the most difficult. For a nooby, flamers for sure. They are easy to use and very deadly against marines. Deep strike them as close as possible, then unleash hell. But if you are going with ALL gods. Don't do too much nurgle. He is most viable monogod. But if you are going all four gods. Use plaguebearers as your main objective holders. Their FNP and toughness makes them great at plopping their slimy butts on the table, and holding down objectives.

Chaos Space Marines-500 Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:09 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

DaOrkyBitz wrote:
Just flamers works poorly in high point games. Perhaps blood crushers or fiends.

What? Have you read the updates? Flamers are much better. Yes they lost one off their save, but they got +1W and +1I makes them a bit tougher and their firepower is might.

Slaanesh are boss.

Slannesh are OK at best. Yes they get lots of attacks that are rending and they have a good WS and I, but they are just too fragile and with their low S they just do not do enough top win battles. They are cheaper, but I would say they are the riskiest to count on.

HQ's? Low point get skull taker. High point either fateweaver or a bloodthirster. or if necessary a keep of secrets though i have never used one.

Start with a Herald or two. Daemons do not really have to have the big 250-300 point monster in charge to succeed.

Most of the units in daemons are pretty solid. Cant really go wrong. Its more or less mastering them thats the most difficult. For a nooby, flamers for sure. They are easy to use and very deadly against marines. Deep strike them as close as possible, then unleash hell. But if you are going with ALL gods. Don't do too much nurgle. He is most viable monogod. But if you are going all four gods. Use plaguebearers as your main objective holders. Their FNP and toughness makes them great at plopping their slimy butts on the table, and holding down objectives.

Do not forget Screamers. They got a massive boost in the new rules and most units will do almost anything to avoid them. Yes that means they might die fast, but you will be at least drawing all the fa=ire away from everything else.

If you have say 20 Bloodletters and 20 Pink Horrors I would get say 2 boxes each of Flamers and Screamers and 1-2 models you can use as Heralds. I'm using a Sorcerer of Tzeentch from the Warriors of Chaos Fantasy army. After that then maybe some Plague Bearers, but really you should be able to get some games under your belt and see what your play style needs.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:56 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Location: Dining in the void of immaterial with Charlie Chaplin.
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
crap. i keep forgetting i am the only one still teetering back on 5th edition. My apologies.

Chaos Space Marines-500 Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:56 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

I kind of figured that...

Really the only time I would take Slannesh was if I had something that lets you re-roll to wound... like Eldar's Doom, but I do not think they will join forces with Daemons. I do not have my book to check with though. That would be a nasty combination.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting