It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: All Slaaneshi Daemons
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:02 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Hey guys,

So...despite being a 10 year veteran of Eldar...i have ALWAYS loved Slaanesh as a chaos god. By far, he/she is the most BA of all the gods...and i am thinking of giving them a go in both CSM and CD.

First things first, can a PURE slaanesh daemon army work? I am thinking KoS, Daemonettes, Seekers and fiends (i think?)...basically all that slaaneshi goodness.

Thanks guys :)

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:39 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

I would stay away from them in a CSM army, but for daemons it works. You need to run daemonettes in large number units though, if it's not 15+ strong it's just cannon fodder. And plus in close combat, if the whole, full unit can hit that's 80 attacks and have rending. KoS is pretty BA. I've seen it out do a bloodthirster before. Your obvious elite choice are probably the best unit in the book IMO next to flamers. Seekers are basically cavalry daemonettes, still good considering they can move farther. Slaanesh daemon princes can be good depending how you kit them but you'll need a soul grinder though. Basically the fact that most of them have fleet is good enough. So yes, it will work very good;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:10 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I think heralds are worth taking now since they are cheap and confer hit and run onto their unit now. KoS is great for tank hunting and going after small units in cover.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:18 pm 

Location: Dining in the void of immaterial with Charlie Chaplin.
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
I just completed my khorne and Tzeentch army, now i am thinking of mastering Slaanesh and a TAD bit of nurgle. But mostly Slaanesh. I am moving away from Khorne not that they have taken a hit to their weapons.

Chaos Space Marines-500 Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:42 pm 

DaOrkyBitz wrote:
I just completed my khorne and Tzeentch army, now i am thinking of mastering Slaanesh and a TAD bit of nurgle. But mostly Slaanesh. I am moving away from Khorne not that they have taken a hit to their weapons.

You should try an all nurgle list:P it works suprizingly lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:02 pm 

Location: Dining in the void of immaterial with Charlie Chaplin.
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Yes but i wouldn't enjoy collecting them nearly as much as Slaanesh. I enjoy winning, but collecting the models means alot to me, and to be honest Nurgle is not easy to paint at all, plus the fact all he models are finecast. It would be a serious problem for me.

I love all the gods of chaos, and i plan to eventually collect full armies of each god. But Nurgle is last on my list. But from what i hear they are coming out with plastic models rather than metal. So i might get them sooner rather than later.

Right now i am tied between Dark Eldar, and expanding on my Daemons in the Slaanesh area. Dark eldar are practically the same concept as Slaanesh Daemons. But Daemons are so pure, so boss. In essence, aren't all of the other armies just derivatives of chaos's base origins? We all must accept a little chaos into our lives in order to accept the 40k concept.

Chaos Space Marines-500 Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:04 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

True, but Slaanesh aren't really the best for ranged combat (At least not in my experience).

I suppose, wait, can you use other Daemons as allies in 6th edition, or do they just count as the same force. Because if so, you could have an allied detachment of Tzeentch Daemons, while you use your Slaaneshi forces to rend (Eh, eh?) your foe limb from limb.

?