It is currently Wed May 06, 2015 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chaos Stompa coversion?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:07 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Me and my friend will probably be starting apocalypse soon, and seeing how Warhounds/Reavers being $500+ I was thinking maybe I could convert and Stompa to look more Chaos like. If this idea turns to crap I was thinking just making a Chaos Baneblade instead but I would really love for this thing to work.

So my question is, do you guys think this would work? Have you seen anything similar to this? What rules would I use, Stompa or Warhound/Reaver?

http://www.ifelix.net/gamingblog/wp-con ... G_2912.jpg
I can see that looking pretty Chaos like.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:32 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Well,
i you´ll field your stompa as a warhound you have to use warhound rules (of course)
be careful with that because many many players will play "what you see is what you get" meaning they only accept a warhound if its a warhound etc.
you could, however look to find the instructions how to create a paper-warhound (which looks actually pretty nice) thats been floating around the webs.

if you convert a chaos baneblade, you can only field it as a baneblade if you play iron warriors (they can use most IG vehicles in apoc)

Chaos 7300+
Grey Knights [starting]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:34 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Oh and if you do convert it remember to include a lot of the chaos icons or just
cover it with nurgle´s rot

Chaos 7300+
Grey Knights [starting]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:18 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Im just posting this as Ironclad Warrior is mistaken. (not trying to offend)

In Apocalypse you can take WHATEVER YOU WANT! As long as your oppenent is ok with it. Point being, its apocalypse people want to play to have fun and many people convert cool apoc. models and armies.

I.e. if you want a chaos baneblade go for it, you don't have to play Iron warriors just to field chaos tanks. Hek, I have 10k pts of chaos and 8k pts of renegade guard, with chaos shadowswords. (yes plural I own three.)

I think a chaos titan made from a stompa kit would be sweet, and a great idea, please post pics as I would love to see the finished product!

-Sean

"Apocalypticon is like an arms race on plastic crack and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:24 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
It's actually all a little wrong according to Apoc, but close. In Apoc, there is no 'Counts As', everything is WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). This is because you are playing gigantic battles, there isn't enough time to keep track of it all.

This is where the nice part comes in, the point of Apoc is to field all your models! You don't have to use 1 codex. So you could use an actual Stompa and it's rules along with your Iron Warriors. You can field Orks, Eldar and Space Marines in one list. It doesn't matter ;)

So yes the point is to have fun, but try to confuse as little as possible. Though I'm not sure you could pull off a Warhound or a Baneblad with the Stompa kit. You will have to think outside the box.

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."