It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:51 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Aaaaand thoroughly disappointing.

Okay, to be fair, it's actually pretty decent. A lot of wording has been updated to use the new detachment system, including making the 1-4 Heralds as 1 HQ slot thing a per-detachment rule, not a Primary detachment rule, which makes taking boatloads of Heralds easier (and might enable us to take multiple in Allied Detachments? Not sure on that one).

It's been confirmed that ANY Daemons Psyker can take Daemonology. Good to know I was playing that right.

Fiends of Slaanesh got their Disruptive Song updated to... not disrupt Psychic Power casts. That's an odd one, I'll admit.

Exalted Flamers are now a part of the FAQ, with their rules, statline and wargear. Handy for anyone who missed the WD they came out in, good to see this.

Chariot wordings were altered to make it REALLY CLEAR that the rider of the chariot is the... Rider of the chariot. Feels redundant, but I'm sure this helps avoid confusion, so I'm all for it.

On the negative side of things, what we DIDN'T get was:

A change to the Tzeentch +3 Ld when manifesting Psychic Powers. This rule is 98% useless now, whoopee.
    A change to the Horror's special rule Magic Made Manifest. If you were reading the White Dwarf that came with the Psychic Phase reveals you were probably thinking that this would be changed to make Horror units Mastery Level 2 when they were large enough, since that's how they were described in there. Apparently that's not a change we can expect soon, but hey, at least it makes Horror squads crazy good at generating Warp Charges.

Overall I'm very happy with the FAQ, especially since it didn't even need to fix Burning Chariots of Tzeentch (best part about 7th Edition, hands down).

What do you guys think? Should GW have included anything they missed, or did they do anything you disagree with?

Personally I would have liked to see Disruptive Song stay... disruptive.

Here's a link to the updated FAQs if you're having trouble finding them: http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:52 pm 
Silver Vault Member

I'm still disappointed that they nerfed Poison...so all my Nurgle stuff just got a bit worse in combat which sucks cause that's primarily what I run...I'm so unlucky with my rolls that I need those rerolls and there are a lot of Marines around here.

It also seem like Karanak's Collar got better considering it causes Psykers within 12" to suffer perils on any double rather than just 6s. Quite strong considering that now people will be rolling more dice for psychic powers.