It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:08 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

I have recently decided to investigate SoB to see what goodness could be stolen for allies.
I found so little :(

Hopefully for 1493 points, this is the best I can do. The codex is not very pretty, maybe it easier to just bring allies.

290 fortress

90 Jacobs
65 Cannoness

233 19 battle sisters.
200 10 sisters, rhino, heavy flamer, meltagun

90 5 repentia
90 5 repentia

105 5 retributors with 4MM

130 2 immolator with heavy bolters.[Assigned to some squads ]

They all fit in to the fortress and have guns, it should be clear enough where units go.
I do believe the fortress is a boost they could do with.

Otherwise is there any good list? or suggestions as to investigate, in particular for allies but full on lists for fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:59 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
MFletch wrote:
290 fortress The fortress is awesome but it costs way to many points to be used in this small of a points game, 2000+ is where you'lll want to start using them.

90 Jacobs This guy is awesome but only if you pair him up with the Battle Conclave. Even with the nerf to power weapons and FnP Jacobus + Battle conclave is still among the best bang for buck CC units in the game.
65 Cannoness Don't take the cannoness, she is bad, really, really bad. Spend 115 and get Celestine and watch her be a constant thorn in your enemies side.

233 19 battle sisters. Horde sisters are not very good as they can easily be run down and wiped out in CC by a bad initative roll off. I've lost whole units of sisters because I lost combat to Tau.
200 10 sisters, rhino, heavy flamer, meltagun This is good, the optimal way to run sisters

90 5 repentia
90 5 repentia The only thing I've ever found Repentia good for is a counter assault unit to take out anything that decided to drop pod into my deployment, otherwise they are just to fragile and get shot up as the cross the table.

105 5 retributors with 4MM Multi-Meltas are awesome but it's a waste of their faith power. General consensus is give the Heavy bolters and watch them rip apart infantry and vehicle alike.

130 2 immolator with heavy bolters.[Assigned to some squads ] Immolators are best used with TL Multi-meltas filled with Dominions so that they can scout/outflank and deliver a payload of melta to your enemies front door.

Things to look at.

Exorcists are awesome. D6, Str 8, AP1 will ruin anyones day. Great for taking out vehicles and and even better at killing multi-wound T4 units.

A Seraphim squad with 2 dual hand flamers is a great anti-infantry choice for an army that typically has anti-vehicle covered but struggles with hordes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:10 pm 

Firstly, ooppps, I meant dominions not repentia.

Ok, to explain myself, feel free to slaughter my thinkings:

The fortress is 4 av14 buildings, the small size of the battle means hopefully that having them stationary will not matter. It gives you wonderful guns, and protection you deserve.

Jacobus is to give the horde squad FNP. I am not giving myself enough scoring units, so I need them to last.
Now I do like the look of your assassins, but you can not assault out of a rhino and you have no assault vehicles, so I am disappointed. I can see how Jacobus boosts them.

Cannoness is just as she has BS5, she will arm the lascannon :), simple as, maybe it will even be pinning, though this makes no sense, I should maybe change this.

The rhinos are there to come in from reserve. I realise that 6/12 of them could actually be hard to counter, I just wish them to survive to score.

I meant to say dominions not repentia. They will make the missile silo TL and the 4 extra heavy bolters TL as to take down aeroplanes.

The retributors are there to just destroy anything that comes close, I think the faith of the other units is more important. You really do not get much faith[insert your own religious pun here]

The immolators are there purely to take pressure off the rhinos and to take down aeroplanes. Whilst they are awesome enough at antiifantry. They seem really expensive in any case. Ran out of points :(

General idea is you have weak high BS skill so give them protection and guns.
Thank you for the feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:32 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

You're doing it wrong...

cut down to 3 x 10 man squads in rhinos, drop Uriah, drop Canoness, drop immolators and of course drop the big fortress.

Replace Canoness with Saint, BS 5 on a TL gun isn't worth 65 points, the Saint however is definitely worth 115.

Bring 2 Exorcists, put dominions in rhinos with 2 meltas + combi melta.

Get Aegis defence line with Quad gun, park your exorcists and HB retributors behind for a 4+ save always

This is internet consensus for a reason.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:33 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Oh and add Seraphim for emperors sake!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:37 am 

There doesn't really seem to be any consensus online. I know the fortress is being considered by some high ranking players, though this means little. In general av14 is better than a 4+ cover save when you have 3+ armour, that is the logic.

Cheers for all the advice, I shall consider all the options.