It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:35 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Hey All,

Was just wondering what people thought of my 1000 Point List that I was looking at investing into, cheers :)

H.Q. - Big Mek w/ P.K., K.F.F. & 'Eavy Armour - 115

H.Q. - Big Mek w/ P.K., K.F.F. & 'Eavy Armour - 115

Elites - 5x Lootas - 75

Elites - 5x Lootas - 75

Troops - 12x Boyz w/ Nob (P.K. & B.P.) - Trukk w/ R.R. & R.P.J. - 157

Troops - 12x Boyz w/ Nob (P.K. & B.P.) - Trukk w/ R.R. & R.P.J. - 157

Troops - 11x Boyz w/ Nob (P.K. & B.P.) - Trukk w/ R.R. & R.P.J. - 151

Troops - 11x Boyz w/ Nob (P.K. & B.P.) - Trukk w/ R.R. & R.P.J. - 151

Total Points - 996

I'm not sure if two Big Mek's was necessary but I added him because that adds more flexibility as the Trukks can go were needed and still have that survivability but any thoughts would be much appreciated :) Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:56 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Its a good list, but I would suggest making the Lootas one squad of 1, otherwise they wont do great. If you roll a 1-2 for how many shots, you probably wont hit anything, and if you do, I highly doubt it'll be more then one. If you have ten, you'll probably get 2-3 through, which isn't great still but better then before! XD

Turtle duck soup.

http://www.youtube.com/AlmostPerfectCrew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:04 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Cheers :) haha yeah I was debating that to, but I thought shooting at more targets might be beneficial (in certain circumstances) because 48" range is pretty decent so if needed I could aim at the same target, but its definitely something to consider, if I was playing more than a 1000 points i'd definitely bolster both groups to 10 each :) definitely worth 150 points :) in my opinion :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:49 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

It's hard to really discuss somethings when I'm used to bigger point lists but I'll give it a go!

I think the basis of the list is great, very fast, maneuverable and more importantly, hard to kill. You have great target saturation.

With the lootas, 2 squads of 5 I think are better. They aren't brilliant in those numbers which would mean the opponent may overlook them in order to shoot your AV10 trukks out front. Also - you can lose 2 lootas from each squad, a total of 4 casualties before they need to run that way, rather than 3 if they are in a squad of 10. If you deploy them in opposite corners, it means that at least one of the squads should be able to get a side armour shot.

10 isn't bad by any means but I would prefer the flexibility gained by having them in two squads of 5.

23% painted!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:24 am 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

I would drop the klaws off the meks, as they can be singled out in combat and they are just there for cover saves.
I would use buggies with rockets. They help with av10 saturation they will benefit from the kffs and st8 is usually better than lootas at cracking tanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:18 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Yeah with the extra P.K.'s i thought A) extra power weapon is nice :) and that if i'm going up against say a death star unit or some av13+ it would make popping them/killing them easier :) this list was an attempt at making a balanced all comers list :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:19 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Clarkie wrote:
Yeah with the extra P.K.'s i thought A) extra power weapon is nice :) and that if i'm going up against say a death star unit or some av13+ it would make popping them/killing them easier :) this list was an attempt at making a balanced all comers list :)

If you want to take a power weapon just spend the points on a Burna. Helpful against swarms and good against most things in CC if you don't fire it.
I think you have enough PK's to deal with vehicles, with all the PK's on the Nobz, and generally you won't come up against too much Rear Armour 13 in a 1000pt game, apart from Land Raiders (But thats a 1/4 of their army, not a great choice).

Turtle duck soup.

http://www.youtube.com/AlmostPerfectCrew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:44 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Yeah that makes sense :) definitely something to think about, haha, not sure what i'd bring instead, maybe drop one of the Big Mek's altogether and bring some bikes. Hmmm definitely something to consider.