It is currently Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Seer's
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:15 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Greetings Gentleman
(I have bad grammer)
I amnow playing Eldar for a year and I like the army it is chalenging if you play it right you win but mistakes wil be punished. but i see myself alwaysplaying somwat the same list in general that is

eldrad
farseer fortune/doom

6 firedragons
10 banshees/scorpions wave serpent

10 dire avengers wave serpent
5 rangers

5 dark reapers
wraithlord
falcon

warp spiders/ swooping hawks

i somtimes switch units around but I almost always play eldrad and a farseer to if i for egzample play the avatar and a phenix lord or autargh i see myself lose and with the seers i win so the point of all of this is are seers just OP the other HQ's bad or do i playit wrong??

Post subject: Re: Seer's
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:27 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Greetings,

I have only recently started building my Eldar Army; however, I am a pretty smart guy and win quite often with my Chaos Space Marine and Tau armies.

I reviewed your combination of HQ's and while some what unorthodox I don't think there is necessarily any right answer. You have to do what works for you. However, while the points are certainly worth why you are getting they are relatively high for most games. 210 points for an HQ in anything less than a 1250 game is a bit much. I plan on using the Autarch/Farseer combination because they are relatively low value, granting two decent HQ choices in one army for about 210 points.

In short, if you have the pieces or your players will allow you to proxy then I suggest trying something else. First of all, a lone HQ is a dead HQ so keep any independent characters in a unit with something. It's great that Wave Serpents can carry 12 models, put the HQ with a group of avengers or something. Also, when using models like the Avatar or a Pheonix Lord ( assuming the latter is alone) these become giant targets. A lot of times I notice that the bigger or more infamous the model the more likely it is to become a target for everything in the first turn.

Try some new stuff, what can it hurt?

"It saddens me greatly that we must take arms against the peoples of the galaxy. By their deaths, they deny themselves the liberation that is only to be found in total surrender to the Greater Good. " - Aun'va, Master of the Undyng Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:13 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

i mostly play 2000 or more and have tryed some other things than seers but that mostly comes around to overkill somthing and than die :P
I can u sugest a god way to use an autargh i have 2 boe thay are a bit dusty :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:32 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Autarchs are very limited usefulness, while farseers are best in pairs. That said Eldrad is basically as good as 2 farseers so you can run him with something else but always stack up on farseers they are the main thing that makes the army go. So yes I agree with your HQ choices, altho I would prolly take guide instead of fortune on the second seer as I never seem to have enough guide to go around.

Necrons

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:21 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

I most of the times put the farseer with the banshees coz eldrad does not have fleet and banshees don't need guide :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:23 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Yes but banshees don't really need fortune either, I would cut him back to just Doom and drop the spirit stones I assume you have on him as well. That should be enough points to get a warwalker in there and an outflanking warwalker can be exceptionally useful.

Necrons

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:40 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

I'll try it out thank you ^^