It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:08 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

I'm thinking about getting one(maybe to use as a command barge) what are the tactics for both or are they even worth the time

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:21 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Yes. I field 3 in a lot of my <1750 lists. Amazing amount of firepower for the points.

Now, this comes with a disclaimer... 6th drops tomorrow... so it's hard to give sound tactical advise and such without knowing all the changes.

Also, it depends greatly on your entire list. We have some great Heavy choices, so make sure they correspond and synergize with your list.

-Veterans of the Long War Podcast
https://www.facebook.com/VeteransOfTheLongWar

-The Sector
Visit our Blog http://40k4life.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:32 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Oh Im considering starting necrons lol so I was gonna get it to get a cheap lord and still have the vehicle lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:24 pm 
Gold Vault Member

It's definitely a wise investment.

The barge is useful at small points values (if you're just starting out), and gives you alot of options (good in different situations).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:11 am 
Bronze Vault Member

And yup, its still really good in 6th. Definitely get one, they very rarely disappoint. I've always had them kill more than their point value (except the time that mine came face to face with a deep-striking brood of Zoanthropes, but we won't get into that...).

Get one. Later on, get another, and maybe even another after that. They're the best Heavy Support choice in the army.

Warmachine:
Cygnar ~70 points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:37 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

I would actually disagree now with the flyer rules and the Doom Scythe now taking top spot for being the best heavy support choice.

Second best would still have to go to the Annihilation Barge.

23% painted!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:04 pm 
Gold Vault Member

xStuuy wrote:
I would actually disagree now with the flyer rules and the Doom Scythe now taking top spot for being the best heavy support choice.

Second best would still have to go to the Annihilation Barge.

(edit: Oops, nevermind, I read this as Doomsday Ark rather than Doom Scythe) Just curious.. can you clarify how the Doomsday Ark got better from your perspective?

From what I can see, the Barges got quite a bump in 6th since now they're getting a re-roll on any Snap Fire shots with the TL Destructor. At strength 7, it's also more likely than not to at least glance most flyers since they're usually only AV10 or 11 (the Storm Raven would be an exception to this).

Last edited by BlaineThPain on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:38 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

You can come in from reserves, zoom 36" across the field, drop a marker within 12" then roll 3D6 and extend a line 1mm wide that many inches. Any model touch takes a S10 AP1 hit... yes you do not need a to hit roll to place that marker, so it is an auto hit to anything you place that marker on and it will continue at least 3", but average 10-11" with a max of 18". You can wipe out a whole line of tanks or Terminators.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:58 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

The Death Ray is indeed insane, at the moment I'm torn between 1 Annihilation Barge / 2 Doom Scythes or 2 Annihilation Barges and 1 Doom Scythe. I think flier spamming necron lists will not do too well due to the mobility issues of the zooming flyers and so I tend to include 3 (Perhaps 4) fliers with a couple troops in ghost arks

23% painted!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:22 am 

Personally I like the Annihilation Barges. People are more likely to ignore them until they rip a hole in their army. I usually take 2 mixed in with some Tomb Blades.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:15 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

how are the tomb blades? I usualy bring wraiths from fast attack but turned to destroyers in sixth ed (preferred enemy works for shooting now, re-role all results of 1 to hit and wound) and ap 3 tears through space marine armies which is the most common army to find.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:49 pm 

They did little damage, but I only have 2 units of 3. I ran each with an Annihilation Barge. Overall it worked good, but I think I need to witch to Gauss weapons and take units of 5.