It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:33 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

anyone else really hate todda right now?

at the price your army is amazing and on a side note i love the cyrpteks so much i think they are beter then the real ones if you ever need another couple bucks PM me and i will buy some conversions from you (more thne you paid to make them of course)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:03 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

destuctir wrote:

at the price your army is amazing and on a side note i love the cyrpteks so much i think they are beter then the real ones if you ever need another couple bucks PM me and i will buy some conversions from you (more thne you paid to make them of course)

Switching to Polystyrene pieces for the shoulder pads is a bit easier then Green Stuff. I just wish there were more Necron players around here so I could pick up some cheap or free bits.
I want some Warscythe Lychguard and more Immortal/Deathmark bits.

I would also like a few more Ghost Arks and maybe a Monolith or two. I am tempted to built a Monolith, but it would not be tournament legal.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:04 am 

Todda wrote:
destuctir wrote:

Switching to Polystyrene pieces for the shoulder pads is a bit easier then Green Stuff. I just wish there were more Necron players around here so I could pick up some cheap or free bits.
I want some Warscythe got some bitz of them about 10 Lychguard and more Immortal/Deathmark bits just used loads of them to make warrios into them.

I would also like a few more Ghost Arks and maybe a Monolith or two. I am tempted to built a Monolith, but it would not be tournament legal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:44 am 

You made Warriors out if Immortal bits? That is a bit backwards it seems.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:14 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Really amazing work here, your army turned out so well that I'm starting to think of making a Necron army after I finish my Tau :shock:

6th(New Dex): W:9 D:1 L:4

Rohan W:8 D:0 L:6
Easterling W:4 D:0 L:0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:07 pm 

I still have 1 box of Immortals/Deathmarks to mix with 1 box of Warriors to get to finish off my built.

Beyond that I would like some Lychguard with Warscythes, 6 Wraiths, 10 Tomb Blades, 3 more Spyders, 1-2 more Ghost Arks, maybe 1-2 Scythes, and probably a Monolith. Of course I want 2 HeIl Pit Abominations for my Skaven, at least 1 box of Saurus Warriors for my Lizardmen, 3 Chariots for my Warriors of Chaos army (if they ever come out with a new one), and I'd love to start a Vampire Counts army... Those new models look great.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:07 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

This looks amazing! I just spent around 1000$ on my stuff, totally and 100% new to everything 40k game(followed the lore and such for about 7 years now) I ended up shooting for a 2000 point army but couldn't resist buying stuff!

You've totally given me sweet ideas for those ghost arks, that is awesome you can tell when they disembark and such.

I'm currently looking at all the boxes unopened since I think i am going to get them done by somebody who knows what they are doing since it cost me so much i don't want to ruin them with a really bad paint job and most painters like to assemble them as well.

Great to see an awesome necron army!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:09 pm 

This is the EASIEST stuff to paint. Just paint them with a black primer and dry-brush with a large brush Boltgun Metal... I use a 1/4" wide brush flat brush. Make sure you hit everything but the base. Then I paint the other stuff with Tin Bitz. Then used Scorpion Green and dry-brushed with Sunburst yellow on the guns, globes, and eyes.

The vehicles are just based black and dry-brushed a couple of times with the Scorpion Green, making sure the edges are hit good. Yes I painted the whole army with 4 colors, no washes, and a black primer.

I started working on a scratch built Monolith... It is coming along good, but it is going to take a lot of time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:41 pm 

Todda wrote:
You made Warriors out if Immortal bits? That is a bit backwards it seems.

bad wording there i think i ment to say i made immortals and earthmarks out of warrior kits

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:09 pm 

Earthmarks... :P

On a side note I was doing a search on Google Images for some Necron custom builds and ran across my Ghost Ark picture I posted earlier in this thread. This guy was using it as the image for a thread on his Necron Army. I decided to post

Quote:
Todd_a
Didn't read the article, but I did notice you are leaching my picture of my magnetized Ghost Ark. You either nabbed it of Mini War Gaming or off Beasts of War. You should at least ask.. or at the minimum host it yourself so you do not use my server's bandwidth...

Mercer
I just got it off Google images, dude.

Todd_a
Personally I do not care if you had used the image, but I would have proffered being asked. The big problem is my server has limited free bandwidth that if exceeded can cost quite a bit of money. I use nowhere near the bandwidth on the message boards I post my images on, but having people leach the image (without copying it to their own server) could use an unexpected amount of bandwidth. For that reason I have moved the picture. Likely this board would not have caused much more bandwidth use, but I can not take the risk of that.

Be polite next time and be lucky that was an image owned by a company with lots of lawyers. Not everybody is as nice about things like this as I am. Personally I am flattered you chose my picture, but the way you did it was not cool.

Mercer
If you don't care then why you kicking up a fuss?

Todd_a
Because you are using my bandwidth, not yours... and even though it likely will not cost me any more money it could. Why would I want to pay for you to use my image. Simple enough. Now if you did this to say a GW image, they could sick their lawyers after, not only you, but they could shut down this web site, which would likely piss off a lot of people. It is just a bad idea to do. Now if you are hosting this site, that is even worse. Just be careful what stuff you use and host the pictures yourself. I would not have posted anything if you were not leaching off my server.

Mercer
Dude, if you don't want me to use that image, then fine. That's ok.

Todd_a
Do you even know what hosting or leaching is? It is not the image I care about. If you had just copied it and dumped it on your server or put it on something like Photo Bucket and embedded the image from there it would not have been an issue, but instead you embedded the image that was on my server into your post. That means every time anybody loads this page it downloads the image again off my server. You should know this and understand why the picture is not important but where the image is stored and hosted from.

It is actually my brother's server and his punk site is likely not going to effect his bandwidth charges as he needs to exceed quite a bit before he gets additional charges. He actually has about 10 clients hosted on that server, but it just pissed me off. If someone started leaching my pictures onto really big sites I could exceed the bandwidth. Luckily I shrink the pictures down to 1/16th the original to avoid this. It is the first picture in this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:50 pm 

Well I picked up a box of Warriors today, but they did not have a box of Immortals in stock, so I have to wait now. I put together my 2 Crypteks and the 3 Scarabs. I also built the 4 Gauss Flux Arcs for my Monolith build and did some work sanding down the first coat of plaster on the base...

It looks about the right dimensions and the Gauss Flux Arcs turned out good. The 3 large ribs on either side are going to be the hardest part I think.

Update... I got the second coat of plaster on. It will likely take all day to dry.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:55 am 

Getting a little more done...

I got about half the Polystyrene plates done... Then I need to do the 3 large ribs on each side. Then the ring in the back, the big gem, and the Particle Whip over top... Then cut the lines in it and paint it. Not too big a deal. Hopefully I will get the plates done tomorrow and start on the ribs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:48 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Shouldn't you cut off the blades on the guns that you are using on your monolith?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:14 am 

I actually thought they had left the blades on like they did in the Ghost Ark. My bad. I'll chop them off.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:47 am 

Well I got the plates finished. I have one of 6 of the side beams roughed out. I also have the top piece roughed in and the first coat of plaster drying. A lot of work, but definitely a fun but time consuming project.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next