It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:40 am 
Now we're getting somewhere...

Aww, your pictures no longer come up..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:53 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

I lost access to my server, so I have a very limited online storage capacity right now. I will likely get it fixed sometime. I'll still put new pictures up for now until I run out of space again. All of my Warmachine Cryx and most of my Skaven stuff is still up. It looks like I am caught up on my tab at the store and I am reselling some used Eldar stuff I am not using, so I am looking at getting 2 boxes of the Tomb Blades. I will likely modify them a bit as they look a bit stupid to me the way they lean forward so much. I also like the option with the gun mounted wide on the side instead of in front.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:19 pm 

I got my 2 boxes of Tomb Blades, so I will have some fun getting all these assembled tonight or tomorrow. I got my hands on the new White Dwarf and the stuff for 6th edition looks good. 2D6 charge, characters issuing challenges, stand and shoot, random terrain... sounds like Fantasy to me and I'm liking it. Vehicles have wounds now, Rapid fire gets to move and shoot at 24" now, Flying monsters can go 24" and get a swoop attack for D3+1 attacks, you can throw grenades, jump troops can land on your head, Dreadnoughts can do a special 2x strength attack (I do not think there is a Strength cap any more), there are generic Psyker Lores that most Psykers can buy instead of their regular stuff, there are Allie units now... I sounds good.

There are objective markers that hold objective dice, new templates like the Fantasy ones, so I hate them, new regular dice, new vehicle damage and armor save dice (4+, 3+, and 2+), gamer additions of the book with a cool bag, and a special edition of the book in a leather case. There are also Psyker ability cards (I think 5 Lores total) and the rule book will include new rules for all vehicles in the game (likely new armor and wound values). I guess vehicles can have up to 4 wounds

They say it has a more cinematic/epic/heroic... feel to it and as long as you are not going into it for pure power-gaming it is incredibly fun to play. My store is picking up 12 copies of the book so far.

From what I read, large shooting units (even Eldar Guardians and Necron Warriors) are hard to get off an objective. They can do defensive fire, which hits only on a 6, but is still pretty nice. There is a Psyker power that lets you shoot at your normal BS though. I think I will like it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:18 am 

These Tomb Blades are going to be a pain to magnetize... basically impossible unless I skip most of the options and fix the wings to one spot. I can put the wings forward and magnetize the Gauss and Tesla guns or put the wings in back and magnetize all three guns, but I like them in back better. The other upgrades I will likely never buy, so I am just leaving them off. I am still unsure about the angle it flies at. It leans too far forward, but I can fix that pretty easy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:47 am 

Well this is my modified Tomb Blades. I opted for the wings in front and the guns on the side. The guns are magnetized, so I can put the Gauss guns in place. They stick out a bit but it looks fine. I relocated the hole on the bottom to mount it and tipped the bike back about 30' as it just looks dorky tipped forward so much.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:45 pm 

...and painted...

I'm thinking 3 Tomb Blades with an Annihilation Barge would make for a great "unit"... two of these would be fun... 6 Tomb Blades and 3 Barges.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:21 am 

OK time to put some of the pictures back up. I dug through them and found the more important ones to re-post...

My army as is...

Plus...

and...

I did a lot of conversions using bits from the combo boxes mixed with Warrior bits... plus a few more straight up conversions...

Box of Praetorian/Lychguard converted into an Overlord, 4 Lords, and 4 Crypteks...

Then there is the 2 boxes of Deathmark/Immortals that I mixed with Warriors to make the Deathmarks normal, the Gauss Immortals with just a torso front, and the Tesla Immortal with mostly Warrior bits...

Then I did a 2 box of Praetorian/Lychguard into... well... Praetorian and Lychguard. This was based on 5th edition so Sword and Board was the best...

Then I made my styrofoam Monolith...

I've got something like 6500 points fully painted and I think I spent about $580 total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:08 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

what dd you use as the back of the custom cryptecks

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
greenstuff by the looks of it, moldde onto any generic necron back piece

Space Marines: 1000 Points, 95% Painted
Orks: 675 Points, 100% Painted

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:36 pm 

The Praetorian back without the cage and the cod piece was used as the tail. I widened it with green stuff. It was a bit sloppy, but on the table top it look great...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:20 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

These look great Todda! I got some Necrons from a friend so I'm starting my own Necron army, and it's good to see a familiar face in here.

Warhammer 40k
Dark Angels: About 4,000 points** *Indefinite Hiatus*
Crimson Fists: Will start...eventually...

**Needs re-worked points estimate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:11 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Location: somewher over the prysmatic refection of visible light in dihydrogen monoxide percipitaition
Just amazing, especialy with the foam monolith.

http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=107189
^ NECRON TACTICA ^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:14 am 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: None, nobody likes me.
i'm gone make custom lychguard from one box of them and 5 necron warriors :D this is pro.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:50 am 

Well it has been a while since I played my Necron (or posted)... so long that the mini rule book in my Necro army bag was actually 5th edition... Someone wanted to play against me with their Deathwing army (Dark Angels) at 1500 points.

My army...
3 Annihilation Barges
3x20 Necron Warrior
Overlord and 2 Lords Mindshackle Scarabs, War Scythe, and Resurrection Orb plus 2+/3+ save on all but one Lord.

His army...
2 units of 10 Tactical Marines with 2 heavy Bolters and a Plasma Pistol or two mixed in there...
2 Deathwing Terminators 1 Chain Fist and 1 Assault Cannon each
Deathwing Knights
Belial
Librarian in Terminator armor

Turn 1...
I went first, he split both squads and kept all the terminators in reserve. I pretty much putt he 20 on the right with my strong lord in some ruins with an objective, the Warlord toward the middle and the other Lord on the left with the 3 Barges to the left and center. The Barges fired and killed 7 Marines on my turn. He dropped Belial in behind some cover and shot and killed 2 Necron and one stood back up. His marines left hid behind the ruins.

Turn 2...
I moved the unit on the left up (still holding an objective)The Barges killed 3 SM a bunker to the left and one of the marines hiding behind the ruins (holding an objective). Then he had the rest of the terminators except the Librarian come in. They shot and killed 10 in the ruins and 2 in the unit on the left. 6 in the ruins stood back up and 1 on the left.

Turn 3...
Then I shot a barge and 2 unit (one in full rapid fire range) at his knights and he made a crazy number of save, but I still killed 2. The other unit and a barge shot at the building and killed the rest. I should have charged the knights, but I did not. He shot and killed a few, shot the Autocannon at the barge, but got no rending. Then he assaulted all 3 Terminator Squads into my unit in the ruins. No grenades, so I went first. Mindshackle Scarabs failed and I killed one Knight, but took a wound on my Lord and lost all but 3 Warriors. I fled , but stopped about 2" from the table edge (terminators can not do sweeping advances and this will come back to bite him hard). He moved the last unit of 5 into the building. Oh... his Librarian came in near my unit to the left and killed a warrior.

Turn 4...
I separated my Lord and shot everything again at one terminator squad and again he made way too many save and I only killed 1. The Barges shot the building and killed 3 of the last SM squad. The left unit shot and did 19 wounds to his Librarian and he failed 4 saves... He only had 2 wounds, so he was very dead. I assaulted his 4 terminators with my Lord and killed 2 but took a wound and Mindshackle Scarabs killed a third. He fled and got away. Then he regrouped to hold an objective. He charged his last knight and Belial into my Overlord and his last squad of Terminators into the the unit the Lord left and wiped them out... not good. MS failed and I blew my attacks, but he did nothing.

Turn 5...
I tried again to bust the bunker with one barge and the Warriors on the left, but he made his saves and moved other two to hit the last two SM (one from each of his first two units) and both barges killed their target. My Lord and 3 Warriors that rallied last turn charged his Terminators that just wiped out a full unit. MS failed, but I killed one, but he held. My Warlord killed the Knight, but took a second wound. He had his last two SM leave the bunker and run to toward the objective, but he rolled too low, so currently we each held one. We all wiffed our attacks and did nothing except my Warlord killed his Knight and he killed a Warrior and it stood back up. We rolled and the game did not end.

Turn 6...
I shot his 2 SM and killed them with two Barges. The other failed to kill the free terminator. My Overlord and Belial did nothing. My Lord and 3 Warriors took him down to 1 Terminator. On his turn his last terminator died to my Lord and 3 Warriors and they rolled too low to contest the objective the last Terminator was sitting on. My Overlord and Belial again did nothing as he made both Invulnerable saves. We rolled and the game ended.

We both had line-breaker for one point and one objective for 3 points, but I had first blood for one more, so it was 5-4 for a minor victory. He was curious as to how many kill point this was.... 7-1... He never touched the Barges and only completely wiped out the one unit of 20 Warriors. All he had left was Belial and one Terminator. If the game had gone to turn 7 I would have split my Warriors off and taken an objective and sent the Lord to take on his terminator and at least contest his only objective to pull away with a huge 8-4 victory or even table him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:02 pm 

Well I broke out my Necron army to play against my brother... mostly because he likes taking lots of fliers. This was the setup...

The mission was the Scouring. All the big point objectives were on my side on my left. My brother was using White Scares but just took a regular Warlord on a bike. He had few upgrades but some lightening claws on his Sergeants. He went first and wiped out a Warrior and 3 Wraiths, but because of Night Fighting he drew a bit too close. On my turn I failed the charge with the Wraiths against his bikes, but my Scarabs took out 2 Land Speeders (stripping 20 armor to wreck them both). I killed maybe 5 bikes with the rest of my shooting. His second turn 2 Storm Talons and a Storm Raven came on and I lost probably 20 Warriors and a Ghost Ark. He charged the second Ghost Ark and wrecked it in hand to hand with grenades and a Melta-bomb. He also finished off my Wraiths and one Scarab unit. On my turn my barges took out both Storm Talons and his last two Land Speeders. My flier came in and killed 3 bikes on his general's unit. I charged to try and delay one of his units with the Warriors from the Ark and the died. The Spiders did some damage to his general's unit and he failed his Hit and Run. His turn another Storm Talon and Storm Raven came in and he fired all 3 at one barge and only got a single glancing blow. He charged both my big blocks of Warriors and managed to make 3 Mindshackle Scarabs rolls but the Scythes did enough damage so scare him. I lost both battle barely but did not break. The Spiders weakened his general's unit even more. He made all of Hit and Run rolls, but did not get very far. I shot a barge and Doom Scythe at the fliers and took out the Storm Talon, but only managed one hull point on a Storm Raven. I charged the Spiders back in and both my large blocks (each of those have a Cryptech, Lord, and Warlord) and the Scarabs. I took out all but the attack bike in one squad (killing his Chaplin) which hit and ran and his Sergeant and attack bike in the other squad, which broke and ran. His General's unit made their hit and run, but all that is left is the Sergeant, the attack bike, and the General and all of them only have one wound each now. His last unit of bikes has been fighting the Warriors from the second Ark and just not getting anywhere.

He calls it because total he has 11 bikes left out of 32 regular bikes and 4 attack bikes, no Land Speeders, no Chaplin, and no Storm Talons. He figured he could only control one objective at this point and maybe contest one if he ran and shot until the last round and I had easy control of 3 objectives (2 uncontested) that were worth more points. I still had 30 Warriors (out of 60), all my command, 3 Spiders, 3 barges, 1 swarm of 9 scarabs, and my Doom Scythe. I also had first blood and killed 5 fast units, so unless he could contest one of my objectives I was looking at 16-3. If he was lucky he might have been able to drive me off the 4 point and take it making it 12-7, but likely the barges and Scythe would have taken out his fliers and the spiders would have threatened his one objective and possibly finished off his Warlord.

After the battle I pointed out he should have engaged my Barges in hand to hand instead of my large units and just shot me apart at range after that. My 2 big units, spiders, and Wraiths were not worth charging, but my Ghost Ark and the units of 10 Warriors in there could have been charged if he could do it safely. Take away my speed and barges and I would be at his mercy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next