It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:20 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

I think they were Deathwatch or maybe Raven Guard? All I know is he said they put the rules for them in a White Dwarf than a few years later put a new (?) special character for them in another White Dwarf. I could not find anything on line like that. He had 2 large units of Jump Infantry and one unit all had blades in both hands and I think he was using them as Lightening Claws. He had a special character with them with dual lightening claws. The other unit of Jump Infantry had chain swords with a Melta or two and a champion with a Thunder Hammer. He also had a Dreadnought in a drop pod, 2 large units of Marines on foot, 4 Units in Rinos, 2 Land Speeders with Meltas. He also had a heavy weapon squad and a scout squad.

I'm thinking it was Deathwatch as I found something about building them... and you could give anything to them. He said they were expensive as the Lighting Claws were 25 points and the Jump Packs were 20 points... and that sounds exactly like Deathwatch. They were all painted black and the had white emblems on the shoulders.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:22 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Black Templar?

If you're worrying about phase out, then buy the new codex!

Warrior Spam? it may be acceptable come Nov 5th. A second chance to not be terrible!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:18 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

maybe thinking raven gaurd with captian shrike but hes in the spahes marhine codex not white dwarf? odd indeed i cant imagine it bieng a deathwatch army i havent seen one since 3rd ed and to be honest with the exeption of verry verry recent white dwarfs i usually dont play people using stuff from them i find when its time to show me the unit/army my opponent is talking about he just cant seem to find the edition of white dwarf hes referencing but claims hes memerizied the stats

Retribution 92 points 55% painted
Skaven 2400 points 35% painted
Emperors Children Legion 4000 points 15% painted

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:25 pm 

It was something that I think was a sub army in an old Codex, but when they redid the codex that group was dropped. Then a few year later they dumped them into a White Dwarf (they have done this with a few armies). Then he said more recently they released a special character for that army out of the blue.

Do any of the other armies have Jump Infantry with Lightening claws... or maybe just dual power weapons with regular SM Power Armor (3+ save)? I'm not talking the Sergeant either... it was a full unit of 10 equipped that way...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:18 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

to my knoladge there are no armies that can make a decked out assualt marine squad like that assualt packs,duel power weapons and a 3+ save i know blood angels can get close to that but naw ide call poppycock and make them show me some physical proof that the unit they are talking about exists

Retribution 92 points 55% painted
Skaven 2400 points 35% painted
Emperors Children Legion 4000 points 15% painted

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:46 am 

OK I think I know how he did it. It was a Deathwatch themed army using the SM codex. He took a 10 man Vanguard Veteran Squad with Jump Packs for 325 points and upgraded them all to Dual Lightening Claws for an extra 285 points. That is 610 points for that one unit. The Other Squad was the same but he had Bolt Pistols a Power Swords, the Sergeant had a Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield, and 2 had Plasma Pistols for 520 points. He then had 2 10 man Tactical Squads with Flamer and Multi-Melta and 4 in Rinos, plus 2 land Speeders with duel Multi-Meltas and a Dreadnought with Heavy Flamer and Auto Cannon in a Drop Pod. Add in 2 HQ (one was I guess a special character out of the White Dwarf) and then give the army a Apocalyptic Strategic Asset so they could enter in on any table edge from reserves.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:14 pm 
Now we're getting somewhere...

I don't know if this page is dead or not, but after a 6 years gap in my playing, i'm coming back to play my necrons once more. Todda I found your ability to make conversions and save tons of money awesome. While I find I'm able to make the unit conversions the ghost ark/ doomsday ark has got me confused, any way you can post some more pics of that unit in both its forms? the pictures would help a lot in doing the conversion myself. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:55 pm 

It is not dead, but I have been busy. I started collecting Vampire Counts and to help pay for that I painted a Grey Knights army for someone. I still have the last batch of conversions to paint... 17 models and eventually I will finish that and do a 4500 point picture. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:14 pm 
Now we're getting somewhere...

Hey todda. Quick question, really liking how hou did the green on your weapons,how you get them to pop like that? Is it stright scorpion green with sunburst highlight? Or did you mix the scorpion with something to make it brighter?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:52 pm 

You got it right in one... Scorpion Green and Sunburst Yellow... thinned slightly and brushed on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:13 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

100th comment
i love this army

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:25 pm 

Well the Necron second wave of models is out and I picked up 3 Spyders, 6 Wraiths, and a Stalker. The Spyders are crazy good, but I am low on the smaller magnets so I can completely assemble these... well actually they are finished, but with no upgrades. The detail is crazy. They even have a swarm of tiny Scarabs on the inside... where nobody can see them.

I just started on the Wraiths and the first one is done. These are crazy good models too... and bigger than I expected... a lot bigger. This thing hunches over Dreadnoughts. It is 3" tall. Here is one standing next to an old Saurus Warrior and Skink Skirmisher...

You could loose a Terminator under this. Originally I thought the price was pretty high, but with the size of these things the price starts to look better. I do wonder why they made it so big though. In fact the sprue size is the same for the Spyders as the Wraiths. Now I wish they had 3 Spyders in a box for $47...

5 more of the Wraiths and I can start on the Stalker. It looks much better than the picture in the book... same with the Spyder and Wraiths... much better than the pictures in the book.

Update... The second Wraith is actually 4" tall... :shock:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:00 am 

OK I finished only 3 Wraiths, then skipped to the Stalker. This thing is huge. The front leg is about 4" long and the center hits about 4.5". The thing I was surprised about was the lack of a base. Well it is late, so I will have to finish the Wraiths later.

These are all the interchangeable parts from these models... and most will need magnets. I had to order more 2mm x 1mm magnets today... :P

I likely will finish the Wraiths tomorrow afternoon, but I will not paint these until I magnetize them likely, so it might be a week or so.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:17 am 

Well I got up very early, so I put the rest of my Wraiths together...

When my order of magnets come it.... I will be pretty busy...

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:51 pm 

Well I went into the store to paint my commission stuff for a few hours and brought some of my magnets home. I do not have enough smaller 2mm x 1mm magnets, but at least I can do some of the larger ones. I have the bases and big guns/cap magnetized on the Spyders. I magnetize most of the Stalker gun system. I also magnetized one of the Wraith gun's set of barrels, but I have not figured out how to magnetize the mount itself. The wipe coils actually do not need magnets and just pop in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next