It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1500 Special forces
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:05 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Hello.

I'll start off to say iv never played guard, I play Gk but at my local gw so does everybody else so I am planning to change army. I picked Gk as I liked the models and they were the elite of the space marines. So here is the idea of my list I want a Special forces inspired list. Land sea and air, sea is a little tricky so land and air it is.

Company Command squad
4 x Plasma
Plasma pistol

Vets
3 x melta

Vets
3 x melta

Vets
3 x melta

Vets
3 x melta

Ratling Snipers 5 man

Ratling Snipers 5 man

2 x Chimera

3 x vendetta

2 x lruss exicutioners? ( plasma ones )

Comes to around 1500. I will be using guards man as the rattlings as I don't really like the hobbits and vets with snipers is pointless as you only get 3. Per the sf they would have 2 attack squads and a sniper team. So will be 2 vets in the chimeras and the other vets and ccs in vendettas. Let me know what you think. Any changes you would make

Post subject: Re: 1500 Special forces
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:11 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

That bad ay. I guess a lot of people don't like the vet spam from looking at other lists this is the tournament route. I want it to ne quite competitive as I do play a lot of experienced players but do play some newer kids as I'm quite new aswell.

I dont really want a billion flashlighters as I got to paint them all so will still want vets (Am using the kasrkin models as I quite like them and can't really afford a death korps army atm). But still gives me 55 boots on the ground. What would you do to change it to be still a winning army but not tournament style as everyone says its not so fun. Would like a vendetta in there somewhere as I would like to paint one. I do like the fw drop squad buggy looks fun anyone used these.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:14 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Its a slow forum dont worry people reply in time :P

The list aint that cheesy. Its no worse than DE doing a wyche raider list or some other equivalent. I think its a pitty valks cant be dedicated transports (not vendettas that would be cheesy) and do a full air assualt list

I get what you mean about painting a million flash lights, took me a fair while, but I think its how guard are meant to be.

Anyway: I havent found vets with meltas too be very good, the vendettas will kill off the enemy armour/mc much more effectively. I field alot of other anti tank shis, but still, also you probs want some sort of autocannon fire around for skimmers as trying too chase them with vendettas may not work.

I'm always a little bit wary of having so few men too, they are somewhat squishy
My idea of a cheese list is something like this

1 x CCS - 4 Flamers

2 x Vets squads - 6 Flamers

3 x Vendettas

4 x Executioners
2 x Hydra Flak Tank

I dont play this cause i kinda like my men, but if you wanna go uber cheese i think you wanna min the vet squads. I dont think they need meltas, they wanna just stay in the Vendettas and go for objectives, maybe flamer a horde list if necess. and you want some kinda skimmer hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:30 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

That's cool not to cheese then well just ordered 50 kasrkin to use so will see how it goes will just play test with different wep setups to see what I like :)