It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:44 pm 
Now we're getting somewhere...

Hi Guys,

I have been working on my armylists, decided to go with the platoon, as opposed to a mech army. My main enemies are Nids, Eldar and BA. I am still in the learning curve, so please feel free to make it steeper... :) Thanks!

HQ
CCS, 2 x Melta, HW Las, Creed 140

Elites
Marbo 65
Ratlings 50

Troops
PCS, 4x Grenade Launcher, Chimera, HF 50
PIS +PIS,Flamers, Commisar 145
PIS+PIS, Flamers, Commisar 145

Veteran Squad, 3x Melta 100

HWS, AC 75
HWS, AC 75
HWS, LAS 105

Fast Attack
Scout Sentinel Squad 115
Vendetta 130

Heavy Support
LMBT, HF 150
LMBT, HF 150

Total 1495

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:44 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
The only thing I would say is to put your melta vets in your vendetta, if you hadn't already. Other than that nice list.

"Wandalf, I like you. You can stay" - Iggy

"Hufflepuffs are excellent finders."
SO. MUCH. WIN!!!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER FOR THAT! XD - Clabbage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:48 am 
Now we're getting somewhere...

Ok, thanks! Yep, those Melta Vets will mount in the Vendetta. I've tried to keep everything as basic/cheap as possible, so I can fill up the table with t-shirts and flashlights... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:05 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Yay i play gunline too *high five for awesomeness* I've played gunline competatively with the old codex game 2nd a few times so i'm just gonna ramble on about stuff i've noticed:P

With nids + all those others i would have thought a bassie or two would be good, remember the enemy can go hide away from you, they're not gonna offer their troops to your LR if they can help it. Maybe 1 less heavy weapons team too, I dunno. I loved them in the old codex when they where two models. Then they were worth the points and survived if in cover. Alas this is no more *tear*

I rate flamers in troops "might" work it would be a toughy to judge as i assume the thing you want too flame will want to be knawing on the platoon so it would be a toss up if you get to use them before they hit you.

Personally I would give the flamers too the platoon command squad maybe two or three, then gimp the junior officer out with whatever you want power fist/weapon etc. They can then sit behind and counter charge anything that attacks the lines. The attacks would be the same as the commisar and less points

The platoon squads can stay together if you want i know alot of people like doing this, personally I would split them so you can target different thing during the game. It is also useful if planned correctly as if the die the enemy will hopefully be left high and dry and you can then use the PCS above as mentioned. Its also useful to allow your other 10man squad to be able to counter charge the assaulties giving you more attacks overall.

In my opinion a 20 man squad with a commie, maybe with a Pw (i know you dont have one), is just a crappy version of a mob of boys, with a pw instead of a claw.
We should focus on shooting, have a little squad for assaults maybe but dont gimp all your troops for it. Its also just more fun, moving 4 squads instead of two gives your more tacticy thing you can do. Like send one squad more than 6" ahead get them sacrificed, have the behind squad "first rank second rank" and the PCS flamer the assaulties and maybe then power fist the remainder.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:35 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Heavy Weapons teams still count as two models.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:00 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Its two models only for transport purposes, otherwise its treated as 1 t3 model with two wounds. It used to be two models operating the heavy weapon if one died the other would take over meaning at least 4 wounds had to be done, this is still the same except if its a t6 weapon or more which i think sucks but anyway.

Anyway thats the point i was trying to make they die much easier than before.