Hello from Ireland

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
boundless08
First post! Good job, now post more...

Hello from Ireland

Post by boundless08 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:01 am

Howiya lads!

Long time MWG lurker on youtube and just took the vault plunge when 8th came out. Happy to support the guys and looking forward to nerding with everyone here!

I took a long break from the hobby for about 8-10 years but have gotten back into slowly collecting over the last two years. January just past 3 of the guys from work started recollecting again as well so we've started a little gaming group and try to get at least one game a week after work. We're currently playing Shadow Wars while everyone builds up their armies but I've had two full games of 40k in the last two months, one 7th and one 8th edition. Have to say, for someone coming back to the hobby 7th was a nightmare!

Armies I'm rocking are 100 Power Level of Space Marines, 75 PL of Tau and Chaos, and I've a few ork bits from AoBR. I'm recently getting into terrain conversion as well and having great fun with it. The main reason I've signed up to the vault is all the great painting videos here as that's definitely something I need to improve.

Catch you all in the threads!

Tibour
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Hello from Ireland

Post by Tibour » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Hail and Welcome,

I also have just returned to the 40k part of the hobby. I totally agree about 7th. It was 8th that convinced me to return. I haven't messed around with the Power levels as my group jumped straight into battle forged. As we played with points before this just made sense to us. We also stopped shortly after you needed 1 HQ and 2 troop choices to field a legal army the the formations work as well. As to the missions most of the other games we play require them so that isn't a problem for us. All in all eighth edition is looking very promising.

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Welcome along from rainy England! Yeah the painting takes practice and a good tutor - mines been massively helped by Kris's quick tips!

Fire up a work in progress thread in the painting forums to post your progress! Loads of amazing painters on the forums can give advice and tips too!
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:31 am

Welcome! I hope you'll be having fun around here and playing 8th edition!

If you're looking for painting tutorials (additionally to Kris' and Janene's Videos), I can also recommend the tutorials from "Warhammer TV" which can be found on youtube.
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:50 pm

Hullo =D Welcome!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)