Another newbie reporting in :)

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Tibour
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Another newbie reporting in :)

Post by Tibour » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:36 am

New to mini wargaming anyway. I have followed your painting videos for awhile finally decided to take the plunge with all of the 40k 8th edition coverage. I used to play 40k back in RT and played through 5th. I wasn't real happy with 5th and really did not care for 6th or seventh. Along comes eight and I am like a moth unto the flame :) Turns out that most of the guys in my club feel the same way. So it looks like 40k will be added to the rotation of games that we play on a regular basis. Turns out that not getting rid of all of my armies was a good thing. I have 3 armies left. Most of a Black Templar Company, no air as it wasn't out back than. Lots of Orks. Either green tide or road rage red :) Last but not least Necrons but I only have models from the very first codex so I have a lot of ground to make up here. So while the Armies were all well over 3k back in the day none have air assets or any of the shiny new toys. It will be an interesting trip but it is better than starting from the ground up.

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Another newbie reporting in :)

Post by Dheiti » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:58 am

Welcome along! Can't beat a good old green tide!
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins