Does this look like a good farseer?

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
krisbot4000
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Does this look like a good farseer?

Post by krisbot4000 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:34 pm

do not bother with the finecast boxes, they are terrible for anything with outstretched swords/staves/spears.
if youre going to just buy a farseer i highly reccomend you hop on ebay and find yourself a metal eldrad.
“For the night is dark and full of terrors, but the fire burns them all away.”

Rangrok1k
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Rangrok1k » Fri May 04, 2012 12:44 am

You can always try picking up a Doomseer:
http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.ph ... uct_id=157

Rather cheap for a nice model. It isn't the most detailed thing in the world, but its pwetty and inexpensive.
Clearly, I'm a mere walking corpse, shambling through walls of text.

Inactive? Maybe...

Azeebo
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Azeebo » Fri May 04, 2012 8:58 am

krisbot4000 wrote:do not bother with the finecast boxes, they are terrible for anything with outstretched swords/staves/spears.
if youre going to just buy a farseer i highly reccomend you hop on ebay and find yourself a metal eldrad.
There is nothing wrong with finecast. Sure you get the odd miscast, but i have had WAAY more trouble getting flawless metal minis. I got 30 harlequins for the price of 10 back in my day simply because THEY KEPT SENDING ME BROKEN HARLEQUINS! grrrr....never had a problem with fine cast...and trust me...i have bought A LOT of finecast since its release. Heard the quality is worse across seas though (from other users in the fantasy section)
HammerOfTheEmperor - Common users must take Azeebo in small doses, lest they get overwhelmed by his awesomeness

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

Jiya
Silver Vault Member

Post by Jiya » Fri May 04, 2012 12:48 pm

I'm with Kris on this one, I have had nothing but problems with fine cast especially on swords and staffs, I have 3 Eldrad Models because of this...
Eldar: 9000 points

Khador: 300 points

Ogre Kingdoms: 3500 points

painterofpaint
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by painterofpaint » Sat May 05, 2012 4:38 pm

Azeebo wrote:
krisbot4000 wrote:do not bother with the finecast boxes, they are terrible for anything with outstretched swords/staves/spears.
There is nothing wrong with finecast. Sure you get the odd miscast, but i have had WAAY more trouble getting flawless metal minis. I got 30 harlequins for the price of 10 back in my day simply because THEY KEPT SENDING ME BROKEN HARLEQUINS! grrrr....never had a problem with fine cast...and trust me...i have bought A LOT of finecast since its release. Heard the quality is worse across seas though (from other users in the fantasy section)
Realy ? :P all my metal models are fine as for the resin I got Huron blackheart some time ago he was fine but idk I gues i'm kinda afraid because of all the pictures on the internet of finecast fails. ohh well i will give the farseer with warlocks a chance. And for sure that doomseer is nice but does Chapter house ships to europe? since I coudn't find anything about that on their website.
English isn't my mother language.
3000+ points of Chaos Space Marines.
Impurity shall be our armour, Hate shall be our weapon, Immortality shall be our reward!