What should I spend 41pts on?
Defend for both Dire Avenger squads. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4 Shuriken Cannons for the WS and Tanks 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Another Fire Dragon and 2 Shuriken Cannons 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:36 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

So I recently acquired a Falcon and am making a more mechanized list. I have 41 pts to play around with so I want your opinion on what to spend it on.
So my list goes as following: (Hope i'm within the rules, don't post may lists)

2 Farseers (One in each Dire Avenger squad) both kited out the same way with
Spirit Stones
Runes of Witnessing
Guide
Doom
250pts

10 Dire Avengers with Exarch who has Dual shuriken catapults and Bladestorm. 152pts
In a Wave Serpent with Spirit Stones, and twin linked Bright Lances
145pts

10 Dire Avengers with Exarch who has Dual shuriken catapults and Bladestorm. 152pts
In a Wave Serpent with Spirit Stones, and twin linked Bright Lances
145pts

5 Fire Dragons 80
I a Falcon with Spirit Stones, Holo Fields, and an EML

3 War Walkers with EMLs and Scatter Lasers

Fire Prism with spirit stones and Holo Fields.

That list comes to 1459pts, so I have 41pts to play around with. So what should I spend it on for a 1500pt list? Im happy for any feedback, thank you :mrgreen:

Last edited by Treq2112 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:54 am 
Silver Vault Member

I personally would throw runes of warding (20 points I think) on both the farseers to make psychic powers darn near impossible for the other guys to pass...

Khador: 25 points

Ogre Kingdoms: 2300 points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:58 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Thanks, unfortunately the people I play against aren't psychically oriented. Necrons, Dark Eldar, Imperial Guard, Tau, and both SM players really don't use them extensively.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:35 am 
Silver Vault Member

Ah darn, at least I tried...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:44 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Location: having lunch in the Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe.
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
more shooty is always a good thing for Eldar, so the shuriken cannons won't be wasted if you decide to go that route, but have you considered also Mind War for your Farseer(s), or maybe conceal warlocks. conceal warlocks would give the avengers that 5+ cover in case there getting shot with something that negates their 4+ armour.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:24 am 
Silver Vault Member

sebastionsynn wrote:
more shooty is always a good thing for Eldar, so the shuriken cannons won't be wasted if you decide to go that route, but have you considered also Mind War for your Farseer(s), or maybe conceal warlocks. conceal warlocks would give the avengers that 5+ cover in case there getting shot with something that negates their 4+ armour.

umm what? trolling bro?

Elves (lotrs): 2000
More lotrs: >10k

High Elves: 2000

Retribution: ~100

Attack of the Elves

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:49 am 
Silver Vault Member

sebastionsynn wrote:
maybe conceal warlocks. conceal warlocks would give the avengers that 5+ cover in case there getting shot with something that negates their 4+ armour.

i might be missing something here, but last I checked aspects could not take warlocks in the squads...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:53 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Honestly, if the RoWa aren't needed then take the underslung shurkien cannons.

Of course, I don't see the previous post by Synn as trolling -- more likely the one that complains about him but offers ZERO assistance to the OP... Like, really "bro?"

"Love and war. What else is there? Love is the more dangerous of the two. I wear the other face." Red Branch, Morgan Llewelyn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:20 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Quote:
i might be missing something here, but last I checked aspects could not take warlocks in the squads...

but the Farseers can take Warlocks and the Farseers are attached to the Avengers(i think) therefore the avengers benefit from the Conceal Warlock, just as guardians would.

and i agree Ruggernaught, the individual trolling obviously didn't spend much time reading the above list or looking at the polled questions.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:04 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

You can take a 3-10 man squad of warlocks when you get a farseer, but that is a separate squad then the farseer. So you would have to choose which squad to put it in.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:25 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Treq2112 wrote:
You can take a 3-10 man squad of warlocks when you get a farseer, but that is a separate squad then the farseer. So you would have to choose which squad to put it in.

EDIT: Yes, precisely. It would be fun -- but not doable -- to put 3 locks (1 conceal, 2 destro) in with 10 storm guards (2 flamer) and watch em go to town -- I mean, it can be done with one warlock but then you have to pick Destructor, Conceal or Embolden to be effective :-( Or, see my post below to view the viable option (smaller Aspect squads in Serpents)!

Hmmm, I suppose you could run a footslog Ulthwe crew with Eldrad, Seer Council 10 Locks (2 conceal, 2 embolden, 4 destro and 2 enhance) and 20 storm guardians (2 flamers) for 1849 with some hvy and elites.

"Love and war. What else is there? Love is the more dangerous of the two. I wear the other face." Red Branch, Morgan Llewelyn.

Last edited by TheRuggernaut on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:45 pm 

you know, i must admit that i've never really paid attention to the minimum amount of warlocks that have to be taken, as i always take 5 or more w/ my Farseer. and if possible place one with jetbikes or Wraithguard when i run those units. are you sure they count as a seperate squad though? they are retainers to the Farseer and must go with her unless their bought for a guardian squad or such. the Farseer is an IC and can join any unit, thus the Warlocks also join the unit. moot point in any case since you have to take 3 or more and that would be two Warlocks more than the Wave Serpent can handle.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:17 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

TheRuggernaut wrote:
Yes, precisely. It would be fun -- but not doable -- to put 3 locks (1 conceal, 2 destro) in with 10 storm guards (2 flamer) and watch em go to town -- I mean, it can be done but you cant put em in a serpent on deployment, not till 1 guardian dies

How? It says you can can have a *Single* Warlock accompanie your guardians. How can you get 3 in one squad?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:49 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

According to Rulebook & latest FAQ:

You can take a bodyguard of 3-10 warlocks per Farseer and together with their boss, they count as a single HQ choice (but in FAQ it reads that they are separate units, you just choose them as a single HQ, meaning you can take another HQ -- even another Farseer w/ 3-10 Warlocks, and have them be separate units for a total of 2 Farseers [attachable to units] and 2 10-man, free-running bodyguard units!)

As far as the scenario I talked about, yeah, you can't do it -- but it'd be nice... Most you can get outta that is 1 warlock w/ a squad allowable (storm-/regular-/jetbike-guardians, wraithguard*). Aspects can't have a warlock attached, but they can have the Farseer attached, so technically, Synn is right -- if you keep the Warlock bodyguard with the Farseer, and while the Farseer is attached to the squad of Aspect warriors (maximum of 8 in order to fit into a Serpent w/ the 4 psykers) then they receive the bonuses, technically... Have an opponent call you on and see if you can make it stick. :-\

Last edited by TheRuggernaut on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:52 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Treq2112 wrote:
TheRuggernaut wrote:
Yes, precisely. It would be fun -- but not doable -- to put 3 locks (1 conceal, 2 destro) in with 10 storm guards (2 flamer) and watch em go to town -- I mean, it can be done but you cant put em in a serpent on deployment, not till 1 guardian dies

How? It says you can can have a *Single* Warlock accompanie your guardians. How can you get 3 in one squad?

Yeah, you're right, sorry, late and working on art history paper at same time... Edited my first post to reflect accurate rules. ;)