It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What would you like to see?
Nerf the points but keep the stats the same 45%  45%  [ 13 ]
Boost their stats 55%  55%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 29
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:26 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

krisbot4000 wrote:
oh how i miss the old craftworld dex'.
Biel-tan taking aspects as troops was sooo amazing.

Im with you on that. I remember the days...although i played Ulthwe Strike Force. I still believe that it was the strike force that resulted in it being discontinued. NOTHING could compare to the awesome...that and units of 50 warlocks with 5 farseers....ahhhh those were the days.

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:21 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Azeebo wrote:
krisbot4000 wrote:
oh how i miss the old craftworld dex'.
Biel-tan taking aspects as troops was sooo amazing.

Im with you on that. I remember the days...although i played Ulthwe Strike Force. I still believe that it was the strike force that resulted in it being discontinued. NOTHING could compare to the awesome...that and units of 50 warlocks with 5 farseers....ahhhh those were the days.

Are you guys serious!? What have I missed!!!!!!

What other things were there that i missed :O!

Khador: 25 points

Ogre Kingdoms: 2300 points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:18 pm 

Totally serious.

How about swooping hawks being gods of anti tank?

Banshees ALWAYS striking first (as opposed too initiative 10)

Pathfinders being super cheap AND AWESOME...awesomer

Psychic powers being double range...AND STACKABLE (i think) you could cast a warlock spell too double the range of a farseer power...hello sniper mind war. WHATS EVEN BETTER IS cover saves were not around...well not really so mind war was a death sentence every time.

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:05 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Location: having lunch in the Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe.
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Quote:
Craftworld Ulthwe - New Warlock Power - Warlocks in the Seer Council may be given the Augment psychic power instead of one of those listed in Codex: Eldar. Augment costs +5 points. It is used when a Farseer in the Seer Council successfully uses a psychic power. Unlike other Warlock powers, the Warlock must pass a Psychic Test to use Augment. If the test is successful, the range of the Farseer's power is doubled. Remember that a Warlock can only use Augment once per turn and that each Farseer power can only be augmented once per turn, you cannot double the range and then further double it with a second Warlock. Note that the Warlock must remain in the Seer Council to use Augment (in other words they can't boost the Farseer's power from the other side of the battlefield). If any Warlock fails to augment a power, a second Warlock may attempt to augment the same power.

Craftworld Ulthwe was also allowed to have ANY number of additional warlocks added to the seer council at +11 points, plus any points for buying a psychic power.

Craftworld Biel-Tan troop choices were aspect warriors, Elite choices were Guardians and rangers, including jetbikes and vypers. you could also run the Court of the Young King as an HQ choice, this basically is the Avatar and 3-5 exarchs, chosen from Dire Avenger, Howling Banshee, Fire Dragon, and Striking Scorpion. now you can only do the High Court in Apoc games.

Craftworld Alaitoc made Rangers an Elite unit and gave them some really nifty stuff, IE: you can field the rangers on the table no matter WHAT the mission rules stated and if you were limited in what you could field the rangers did not count towards that limit.

Craftworld Saim-Hann had a different force org, where your compulsory units were HQ and 2 fast attack. you could choose to use a special HQ choice that rode a jetbike and could have a power weapon, he was also allowed to take 5-10 Kinsmen retainers. the Kinsemen were ALL armed with close combat weapons and had 2 att's, plus half the unit could change from Shuriken catapults on the bikes to Shuriken Cannon. One kinsmen carried a banner, as long as the banner was on the table the chief and his kinsmen re-rolled missed HtH att's on the turn they charged into assault.

Craftworld Iyanden - Wraithguard and Wraithlords were troops choices, Guardian defenders were heavy support, Rangers and Dire Avengers were Elite, and Storm Guardians were fast attack, according to their force org. you could upgrade any number of warlocks to Spiritseers and they became independant characters and were given upgraded stats.

if you ever get the chance, i highly suggest picking up the Craftworld Eldar codex, you can't use it except in friendly games where your friends won't be upset if you table them by turn 3, but it is an interesting book to read and own.

BTW, i saw one on Ebay tonight for $6.00 USD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:14 am 
Silver Vault Member

I am utterly speechless.......

Anyone of those things make the already epic Eldar 10x10 to the four thousandth times more epic!

Man, Wraithlords as Troops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Independent Warlocks!!!!!!

THOUSANDS of Warlocks!!!!!!

I can see why they got rid of this but goddamn (pardon my french) I wish they would bring these back!!!!!

I am seriously freaking out right now! THAT IS THE MOST EPIC SET OF RULES EVER!!!!!!!

on a more calm note: you said it is the Craftworld Eldar book? Is that an old codex or an old expansion or something?

Regardless of what it is i am finding it and using it to prove to my chaos buddy that old Eldar has a much smellier variety of cheese!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-40k-Eldar-Codex-Craftworld-Codex-OOP-/290686029827?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ae3cd003
this is basically what your looking for, you really don't need the blue Eldar Codex, since you already have a more current edition and could use that stats in it for your Craftworld forces, but you need the red one with the Avatar on the front, because that one has the force org changes as well as the troops, elite, fast, and heavy unit selection changes in it. it also has the upgraded stats.

However, the blue codex is also worth having as it has two special characters in the back of it, Iyanna Arienal, Spiritseer of Iyanden, and Nuadhu Fireheart, Chief of the Saim-Hann Wild Riders. it also has a lot of little fluff bits spread throughout the entire book that are interesting and something that ANY Eldar player should read and know, plus of course there's the painting section typical of any codex.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:50 am 
Silver Vault Member

Cool, thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:27 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Jiya wrote:
Farseer Oz wrote:
I'd love to see the rules that when a PL dies if there is an exarch of the same aspect alive with 12" then remove the exarch and the PL stands back up at full health.

Would go well with the fluff :)

I think they need to be pretty good, since they are the original and the best of their aspects.

This would be epic, kinda like a Trayzene the Infinite Rules for the Necrons, but that might make them a little OP so even if it was on a 4+ or somthing or with D3 wounds to nerf them a little...

Joe wrote:
I think you guys are thinking in the wrong terms... they don't need any Stat changes, but they should allow you to take their own Aspect as Troop Choices... maybe not 6 of them, but 1 or 2 would be neat.

It is an extremely easy way to make Phoenix Lords a viable choice.

I also agree here... can you imagine having say Fire Dragons Drop out of a Serpent, Massacre a group and then be HOLDING the objective!

All of this. I love Oz's and Joe's ideas (Eldar fluff + Necron game mechanics... & Ork game mechanics, respectively, right?) Oh, and I agree with adding an Invul save equal to an Autarch's.

~ Hell, I'd even pay a few more points (20?) really, if I could get all of that.

"Love and war. What else is there? Love is the more dangerous of the two. I wear the other face." Red Branch, Morgan Llewelyn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:23 pm 

I'm with the sacrificing an Exarch to regain D3 wounds on the Pheonix Lord, but I'm also thinking that maybe the Exarch should have to pass a leadership test. If they fail the leadership test, they're too scared and remain on the board and the PL does not come back. If they pass, the Lord comes back with D3 wounds remaining.

I also agree that they should make their Aspect troops, but not all of them. The PL should choose a unit of their aspect at the start of the game and they must be deployed with that unit. That unit becomes a troops choice, even if the PL dies.

They should also give proper bonuses to their units, like Maugen Ra's unit gets rerolls To Hit, Kharandras' unit can choose which side of the board it comes in on via Outflanking, even the opponents table edge (he is the master of Stealth, after all), and so on.

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:34 am 

Zero wrote:
I'm with the sacrificing an Exarch to regain D3 wounds on the Pheonix Lord, but I'm also thinking that maybe the Exarch should have to pass a leadership test. If they fail the leadership test, they're too scared and remain on the board and the PL does not come back. If they pass, the Lord comes back with D3 wounds remaining.
Ain't Skeered, just ain't ready to pass on to another life yet.

I also agree that they should make their Aspect troops, but not all of them. The PL should choose a unit of their aspect at the start of the game and they must be deployed with that unit. That unit becomes a troops choice, even if the PL dies.

They should also give proper bonuses to their units, like Maugen Ra's unit gets rerolls To Hit, Kharandras' unit can choose which side of the board it comes in on via Outflanking, even the opponents table edge (he is the master of Stealth, after all), and so on.
total agreement on this point and the one above as well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:41 am 

"Scared" didn't quite feel right when I wrote it, but I couldn't think of any other reasons.

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:38 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Zero wrote:
"Scared" didn't quite feel right when I wrote it, but I couldn't think of any other reasons.

Is it me or does Alice Cooper look like like an Inquisitor?! >.<

"Love and war. What else is there? Love is the more dangerous of the two. I wear the other face." Red Branch, Morgan Llewelyn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:13 pm 
Silver Vault Member

That's actually moderately scary...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:06 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Need a green/red-namer to compile and send this on to GW for work on next eldar dex pls tyvm! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:53 am 

why bother, they won't use it for 20+ yrs and by the time they do we won't remember this forum conversation so we can't force them to acknowledge our contribution, which they won't, they'll claim it as their own idea, and then screw it up somehow anyways.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next