It is currently Wed May 06, 2015 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:04 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
Yo,

I decided to create my first list after finally holding the codex: de in my hands. Not sure if this is well balanced, so I'm looking forward to some opinions from people that played already. :D

I watched some battle-reports and really felt in love with 9 Wyches + haemo groups, so I tried to work on a list that got some of them. I also love sailing and sailing ships, so I tried to make a pretty speedy list, full of raiders, ravagers and storm choices.

ALREADY EDITED LIST:
EDITED AGAIN: 13.04.2012

*************** 1 HQ (100 points) ***************

Haemonculus (with a Wyches group)

Haemonculus (same)

*************** 1 Elite (173 points) ***************

4 Trueborn
- 4 x Blaster
+ Venom
- extra splinter cannon

*************** 3 Troops (592 points) ***************

8 Wyches
- 1 x Shardnet & Impaler
- Haywire Grenades
- Hekatrix
- Agoniser
+ Raider
- 1 x DL
- FF
- grisly trophies

8 Wyches
- 1 x Shardnet & Impaler
- Haywire Grenades
- Hekatrix
- Agoniser
+ Raider
- 1 x DL
- grisly trophies
- FF

10 Warriors
- 1 x Splinter Cannon
+ Raider
- 1 x DL
- FF

*************** 3 Fast Attack (286 points) ***************

3 Reaver
- 1 x HL

3 Reaver
- 1 x HL

5 Scourges
- 2 x Haywire Blaster

*************** 3 Heavy Support (345 points) ***************

Ravager
- 3 x DL
- FF

Ravager
- 3 x DL
- FF

Ravager
- 3 x DL
- FF

So what ya think? Do I have enough anti tank, or should I get the Wyches some anti tank grenades or do I even have to much anti tank units? And how would this list perform generally from your pov?

I only own the dark eldar battleforce so far, so I still up for major changes if needed. But I would like to keep the Idea of lot of "boats". That probably means that I would like to keep Wracks, Grotesques and Talons out of it.

Thanks in advance and good night! (I'm so going to sleep now!)

Last edited by SleepyPillow on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:54 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:11 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Yeah I was thinking about haywire grenades but I was not enough points short to get both squads, so I thought giving none of them would be better.

I dropped the venom blades from both haemos and gave both wyches their grenades.
Now I'm at directly 1.5k and pretty curios bout my haemos. They are basically now a slower wyche and only there for the pain token.

So I would like to give my haemos some power, like your said liquifier and maybe a agoniser or venom blade. I'm not sure if this isn't a overkill together with the wyches?

Taking the liquifier +agoniser on both + giving my warrior squad a blaster too, would cost me one reaver group. Would one be still useful?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:50 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Just plain liquifier haemonculus is a good setup.
Just fly him around roasting and melting stuff from inside his transport while the squad he was with runs off with the token.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:12 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Yeah thats kinda true. I didn't thought about that option.

So I edited the list once again, my first post contains it.

My Problem is that I'm at 1520 Points now. What should I drop? Two flickerfields from some Raiders? :|
I really don't want to make my haemos only useful for their token, while I feel that everything else is still needed too.

Dropping a reaver squad makes me feel that the lonely leftover squad is not that useful.

I got the idea about dropping both which would give me ... 136 Points left, which is kinda... this.

5 Wracks
- Liquifier
+ Venom

+ a blaster for my warriors

So I would lose 2 Heatlances, 1 killpoint (which is kinda cool) and get a kinda ok unit against AI, one more unit to hold points and a nice, second big gun for my warriors. I also lose some pretty cool looking boys for some models that I really don't like, sadly. :D

What would you do in this situation?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:36 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Honestly, the liquifiers are cool n' all, but they're really not necessary.
Alternatively, some naked Raiders would be fine - you've just gotta hugge cover that little bit more.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:57 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

That was my final thought as well. I wrote every version (3 in total) down to try same out in my next games.

It's just so sad that I have to proxy 80% of my army atm. (cant get 300€ out of nowhere! =D ). But my partner allows it luckily.

Last edited by SleepyPillow on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:23 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Yeah nothing wrong, but still doesn't feel as awesome as it could be.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:32 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Looks pretty standard for a DE list. Although keep those warriros alive, as the wyches will be doing the heavy lifting and wont always be arround to take objectives.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:15 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
How do you plan on using your wyches, if i can ask.

Work In Progress

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:26 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I try to assault / multi-assault targets which shouldn't die in the first combat round,
while keeping everything that could counter-charge away from them.

I should have enough lances 'N stuff to get some infantry out of their metal boxes, charging a vehicle with my wyches wouldn't be that good of an idea.

Depending on if I use the list with or without the liquefier-haemos, I gonna keep them with my wyches or not. I guess some people will focus their attacks on that weak guy, just because it's a independent character.

I got a game today, gonna use the list without liquefiers first, wish me luck!

edit: wowow we're finally done! Gonna edit a short report in this post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:27 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ok so let's have a look at what happened.

My friend tried out a Bloodangel Army (Mephiston, 2 Sang Priests, 3 Baal Predators, 2 Devastor Groups and 2 Assaultmarine troops. ) while I went with my list here. (we both proxied the sh** out of cardboard, since we're both pretty new.)

The table was pretty small, like 25 inches from corner to another. We also didn't had a single piece of terrain. It was his first game and my third, so we wanted it to be a really simple round. I guess the small table and the lack of terrain really favored the one who starts first.

We played Spearhead and Hold and Control (is this the English name of mission two? Got no time to research that :D). I had first turn and he couldn't steal the initiative.

Turn 1 Dark Eldar:

I moved with every transport 6 inches, disembarked the wyches, since I was already in range to assault. I decided to turboboost the reavers above one assault squad each and killed 2 Marines even trough all the saves. One Ravager shoot on free line of sight at mephiston and managed 2 wounds. My other Ravagers and my Scourges managed to shake every predator and destroy the weapon of one. Rest of my shooting killed 6 more assault marines.

My wyches charged at one of each assault marine squads and managed to get a tie combat on both sides with 3 kills 3 deaths and 2 kills 2 deaths.

Blood Angels Turn 1:

Well he couldn't really move that much. The only thing he moved was mephiston a bit closer to the my left wyches group and the predators 2 inches back.

He didn't had much to shoot back too. mephiston managed a weapon destroyed on the warriors bark, but each devastator troops managed to wreck a ravager.

mephiston charged the left wyches group and killed 3 of them without any problems.
The wyches hit back and all remaining normal assault marines died, while the energy fists of the sergeant and the priest killed 2 more ladies.
So it was hekatrix and haemy vs priest, assoult sergeant and mephiston, but my wyches didn't run away.
Right side was a whiff-arama. The wyches managed 1 dead marine while their enemies didn't even got a single wound.

Dark Eldar Turn 2:

I moved closer to his side and in the rear of the 3 predators with 2 of my bark, the trueborn and my scourges.
My Shooting was miserable. I blew up 1 Predator but lost 1 reaver to the explosion. Rest of my army managed 1 stunned predator and 3 dear devastators.

My combat phase was even worse. My left wyches got easily wiped out by mephiston. This didn't really bothered me but the disaster just knocked on my door aka my right wyches.
I lost 1 wound on heamy, lost a lady and killed only 1 marine in exchange. I lost the combat by 1, rolled, 5+6. My 7 wyches + heamy ran away, got cached and slaughtered.

I still had my warrior squad to get defend my objective, but I disembarked them on last turn to reach the devastators with rapid fire, (I thought 22 shots would be enough to wipe them out, well... chuck testa) which left them as easy prey for the assault marines.

Our only chances to win by now was erasing each other from the table.

Blood Angels Turn 2:

The leftovers of the devastators only managed a immobilized and weapon destroyed on my last ravager, the predator and some bolt pistols killed 4 warriors.

mephiston charged the venom with the trueborns in it, the right assault marines my warriors and the leftovers (aka sergeant and priest) a bark. Mephiston casted his strength 10 ability and got double 6's which cost him another lp.

Mephiston further managed to whiff all attacks on my venom, while sergeant and the priest crushed to bark into pieces. The Explosion killed 2 scourges and the priest. (!) My warriors than got wiped out by the 3 remaining assault marines on the right.

Dark Eldar Turn 3:

Every Vehicle moved 6 inch, my shooting killed 1 devastator, 1 predator and immobilized + destroyed the weapon on the last predator. My reavers on the right side charged a devastator squad but only lost 1 more guy.

BA Turn 3:

Mephiston's charge exploded the venom, which cost one trueborn his life. The remaining assault troop killed the scourges with ease. Both devastators played whiff-erama in the shoot- and combat phase.

Dark Eldar Turn 4:

I reminded myself that Mephiston is a pretty safe target for dark lances and killed him, the sergeant and the defenseless predator with my remaining lances.
My trueborn aimed for the last assault troop, his last hope together with his devastators to table me. They shoot, hit everything... and rolled tripple 1 for wounds!!! Same goes for the reaver squad out of combat. The combat phase was fast, my reaver whiffed, the devastators whiffed.

Blood Angels Turn 4:

Devastators shot at my crippled ravager and whiffed. Devastators vs last reaver was still a pussy-fight without wounds. The remaining assault marines killed my trueborn.

Dark Eldar Turn 5:

My remaining dark lances finished his assault marines and his last priest, my full reaver squad rapid fired into the available devastator squad and only left the sergeant alive. Don't ask about the fight on the right side. The devastators and the reaver are fighting with flowers or some kind of really fluffy toilet-paper ...

Blood Angels Turn 5:

With only 3 Devastators in combat and a last sergeant, his only hope to not get tabled next turn was, to charge my full reaver squad, while not killing both squads. The Sergeant killed a reaver with my bolt pistol, charged, but no one harmed something in combat. . We rolled and the game continued.

Dark Eldar Turn 6:

I didn't had much to do since my 2 remaining barks and my last ravager couldn't shoot.
My left sided reaver squad finished the sergeant luckily, while the on the right side, the marines finally located their combat knifes and butchered my reaver. They had to charge the reaver squad next turn, if they didn't wanted to get dark-lance'd to hell... (if the game would continue)

Blood Angel Turn 6:

...and so they did. But first they shoot 3 bolt pistol shoots on the reavers, killed one and the last one decided to run of the board. Bad decision from him, now he could had lost if the game would have continued...

but it didn't... sadly i rolled a 3 and the game ended in a tie. GG, we had lot's of fun and beer, which made me cost like 2 hours to write this in a understandable English.

Conclusion: Dark Lances are pretty neat against marines, if there wouldn't be 3 million more important targets. I feel like we should never ever play on such a small table again. I also feel that, if I use my wyches as a suicide commando, I should keep my warriors at my objective no matter what, or get a unit of wracks to defend it.

Signing out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:01 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Sounds like a fun fight. Obviously you would have a lot to take away from that battle and soon you will become a God-like Archon! Muahahahahahahahahah

But yeah get some pics and keep the battles coming :)

Work In Progress

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:13 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Hedonismbot wrote:
Another handy tip, sanguinary priests are independent chars so you can target them in cc. Try to get your Hekatrix into btb contact, so can try kill him with an agoniser. He's a separate unit, so that means another pain token and kp. You also take the BA's fnp when you kill him, so down those buggers asap!

Oh snap I forgot about this. Thanks I gonna remember it.

I gonna take pictures as soon as we use less or no cardboard proxies anymore, because it really looks.. not how the game is meant to be played. Sadly I'm not sure if I can gather enough to finish my army until the end of may. But lets see.

I also really want some grisly trophies in my list, that lost -1 moral test on my wyches in my own turn, with the following massacre on that fully operational 8 ppl squad was... a disaster that should never ever happen again.

I guess I got a lot from this game yeah. :)

OH SNAP I just realized also, that I totally forgot about flickerfields in the whole game. T_T

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 pm 

SleepyPillow wrote:

OH SNAP I just realized also, that I totally forgot about flickerfields in the whole game. T_T

I did this in my first game....needless to say it wont happen EVER again lol. Paper planes erupting in flames in ways that should have been prevented made me tear up when I realized ....IN TURN 5

Work In Progress

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:25 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Yeah I'm kinda okay with it.

I changed my list a bit, gonna edit it in the first topic and here too, since some ppl don't want to scroll to site 1 back I guess. :d

*************** 1 HQ (100 points) ***************

Haemonculus (with a Wyches group)

Haemonculus (same)

*************** 1 Elite (173 points) ***************

4 Trueborn
- 4 x Blaster
+ Venom
- extra splinter cannon

*************** 3 Troops (592 points) ***************

8 Wyches
- 1 x Shardnet & Impaler
- Haywire Grenades
- Hekatrix
- Agoniser
+ Raider
- 1 x DL
- FF
- grisly trophies

8 Wyches
- 1 x Shardnet & Impaler
- Haywire Grenades
- Hekatrix
- Agoniser
+ Raider
- 1 x DL
- grisly trophies
- FF

10 Warriors
- 1 x Splinter Cannon
+ Raider
- 1 x DL
- FF

*************** 3 Fast Attack (286 points) ***************

3 Reaver
- 1 x HL

3 Reaver
- 1 x HL

5 Scourges
- 2 x Haywire Blaster

*************** 3 Heavy Support (345 points) ***************

Ravager
- 3 x DL
- FF

Ravager
- 3 x DL
- FF

Ravager
- 3 x DL
- FF

So the change is the lack of two Wyches for grisly trophies on my raiders that contain them, and a second splinter cannon for the venom.
I was thinking between the second splinter cannon (which brings me to 1496 points) or a blaster for my warrior squad (1501 points).
I felt I could need some additional anti horde shooting, instead of one more str 8 ap 2 weapon. What would you say?