Grisly Realization

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
ShredRig
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Grisly Realization

Postby ShredRig » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Hedonismbot wrote: HELL NO, do grisly trophies kill a horde of orks or nids faster, nope but an extra splinter cannon certainly does.

Thanks for Hedo for getting me thinking about raider upgrades.
I was reading the description and noticed the words "leadership tests" and not "morale checks".
I dunno if anyone uses or has ever used an animus vitae to good effect, but I'm certain that most of us have used soul-traps in the past.
Now for the difference it makes on a leadership 10 archon.. some might consider it not worth the points for that reason alone.
There's about an 8% chance to fail that test which I personally would consider worth getting a reroll on to make it that much more reliable in addition to the help with moral checks for those points.
You could combine it with TGLs and hang around your assaults, and along with shock prow, would make great use of raiders once they've dropped off their wyches or just have warriors around to rapid-fire the enemy if they hit and run/fail moral/win combat.
Is this too much weight for paper planes?
What other situations might leadership test rerolls be useful in?
Exepriences with this stuff?
I'm curious. :mrgreen:
Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil. - Aristotle

Chief
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Re: Grisly Realization

Postby Chief » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Well, they work great on a couple of your Raiders to eliminate that small chance of your Hellion death star falling off the board turn one (setting you back a good400 points rather than the 10-15 you'd spend on the Grislies).

Also, they synergize well with Wyches, whose job it basically is to pass leadership tests.

ShredRig
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Postby ShredRig » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:34 pm

I'll have to try em out once I can get a game together. I don't do the deathstar thing except I might try some beastmasters.. but I don't get to play much if at all...
The proof is if I get to play.. you guys hear about it here... :cry:
Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil. - Aristotle

Zero
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Postby Zero » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Chief wrote:Well, they work great on a couple of your Raiders to eliminate that small chance of your Hellion death star falling off the board turn one (setting you back a good400 points rather than the 10-15 you'd spend on the Grislies).

Also, they synergize well with Wyches, whose job it basically is to pass leadership tests.

This was all I thought of.
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

Return to “Xenos Races”