Elites;

10 Striking Scorpions with Exarch, Scorpion's Claw, Shadowstrike - 207p

10 Howling Banshees with Exarch, Executioner, Acrobatic - 187p
Attached: Wave Serpent with Twin-Linked Scatter Laser, Spirit Stones - 125p

5 Fire Dragons with Exarch, Firepike, Tank Hunters - 115p

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Troops;

10 Dire Avengers with Exarch, Dual Avenger Shuriken Catapults, Bladestorm - 152p
Attached: Wave Serpent with Twin-Linked Brightlance, Spirit Stones - 145p

10 Guardians with Eldar Missile Launcher, Warlock, Embolden, Singing Spear - 133p

5 Pathfinders - 120p

Heavy Support;

Fire Prism with Holofields - 150p

3 War Walkers with Scatter Lasers - 180p

MODELCOUNT: 59
TOTAL: 1999p

Eldrad will join the Avengers in their Wave Serpent, which will then be placed in a central location in order to Guide the Walkers as much as possible, Fortune the Fire Dragon Wave Serpent as it speeds off and Doom the Banshees' target. He will then throw his powers to wherever they are necessary, and a full Dire Avenger squad Bladestorming with Doom and Guide support is devastating. The Guardians and Pathfinders are objective sitters. The Scorpions will outflank most of the time, except against Tyranids and perhaps Orks.

It's not exactly an optimal list, but do you think I could switch some points around to make it better somehow? I won't replace anything with Guardian Jetbikes, those models are so bad. I also really dislike DAVU.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:54 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
something to consider are:
- striking scorpions, with shadowstrike you can outflank with them if held in reserve and that could not only keep them alive but prevent them from being at the frontlines and getting shot down. Also you can use this strategy to contest objectives and freak your opponents out. basicly a fifty fifty chance of coming from either side. a wave serpent could help them, especially bright lance, getting a good chance of rear to side armour ( with a max of 12 ) can make even the hardests tanks fall.
-war walkers wont be able to move fast enough to contest with the serpents, you could use them as walking cover for your avengers while eldrad guides their return fire.
-fire prisms give great cover fire as most armies would dedicate their fire against their power instead of your walkers.

just suggestions, in the end it is what you want to play with. also only 25 troops, this could prove a problem where pathfinders can hold their own unless flamers hit, etc but guardians can get ruined pretty fast. Again just suggestions, but if you play objectives and your troops cant hold out it doesnt matter what else you bring. great list though, looks good. try to make room for the warlock to get conceal, this way they can keep your guards alive longer because most weapons are ap5 or lower except armies like the orks and their sluggas. may want to get a second opinion because it never hurts, and more people on here can help you better then I.
anyway sounds like a fun list, and you should have fun playing it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:20 am 
Now we're getting somewhere...

The tournament this list will be used for is just around the corner. I could really use some additional tips.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:34 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Láthspell wrote:
HQ;

Eldrad Ulthran - 210p

Elites;

10 Striking Scorpions with Exarch, Scorpion's Claw, Shadowstrike - 207p

10 Howling Banshees with Exarch, Executioner, Acrobatic - 187p

5 Fire Dragons with Exarch, Firepike, Tank Hunters - 115p
Drop the exarch, this is wasted points

Troops;

10 Dire Avengers with Exarch, Dual Avenger Shuriken Catapults, Bladestorm - 152p
Attached: Wave Serpent with Twin-Linked Brightlance, Spirit Stones - 145p

10 Guardians with Eldar Missile Launcher, Warlock, Embolden, Singing Spear - 133p
Drop the spear, if they are going to sit in cover on an objective you arent going to be shooting it.....Or try and find the room to get a second squad of Dire Avengers

5 Pathfinders - 120p
Not a fan of these, just hope you have an objective in or very close to your deployment

Heavy Support;

Consider spirit stones, with holofields you will get a lot of stunned results and you do not want a prism not being able to move

Consider spirit stones, unless you want to link these, consider a nightspinner instead

3 War Walkers with Scatter Lasers - 180p

MODELCOUNT: 59
TOTAL: 1999p

Personally I think this list will struggle against another Mech list. You have plenty of S6 shots to handle hordes and infantry, but with 1 brightlance and 5 fire dragons you dont have much in hard hitting. 2 Fire Prisms add a bit more but more often then not mine scatter and half strenth hits on armour isnt going to help.

Eldrad will join the Avengers in their Wave Serpent, which will then be placed in a central location in order to Guide the Walkers as much as possible, Fortune the Fire Dragon Wave Serpent as it speeds off and Doom the Banshees' target. He will then throw his powers to wherever they are necessary, and a full Dire Avenger squad Bladestorming with Doom and Guide support is devastating. The Guardians and Pathfinders are objective sitters. The Scorpions will outflank most of the time, except against Tyranids and perhaps Orks.

It's not exactly an optimal list, but do you think I could switch some points around to make it better somehow? I won't replace anything with Guardian Jetbikes, those models are so bad. I also really dislike DAVU.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:06 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

I'd have to side with Farseer Oz here. There just doesn't look like enough there to deal with Av13. While you do have a lot of Str 6 feilded it does struggle a little bit with Av12 sometimes of which there is a lot running around currently, stormravens for instance.

You could use your firedragons against them however remember that the melta rule will not work against something with ceramite (think thats' how it's spelt) plating. Also as people have stated an exarch in a fire dragon squad is basically considered a waste. If you can not kill something with 5 melta guns something is terribly wrong.

Speaking of troops I personally feel that you don't have a really good showing of them in your list. Whle you've armed your guardians with probably the best weapons platform option. I still only seem them as a speed bump for most armies to overcome in order to collect your objective and in kill point games they would be one of my first targets for an easy pick up.

Unlike Farseer Oz I really like to field pathfinders as I find there brilliant in the current meta game. With termies running around everywhere I like having the option of fielding a troop choice that can help punch throw it at a decent range. Also if your in a pinch they can hurt vehices although I wouldn't recommend this as a sane tatic. Recently I've been feilding these guys in a larger group and the people I play learn to hate them by the end of the game. You just have to chose your targets wisely.

I've never really used scropions however I found everyone has their own preferences on our elite slot close combat guys. Personally I prefer harlies if you have the points or if not banshees. I prefer these two options simply for the fact that the banshees can deal with power armor and harlies.... wekk they can deal with everything.

The fire prisms are great and I like taking mine in pairs as well. The twin linked thing I think is brilliant and as Oz suggested if you can find the points somewhere grab some stones if not its not the worst thing to miss out on.

If I was to truely improve this list anywhere I would try to improve your troop choices allowing you to make a mistake while not costing you the game and to try and find some more range anti vehicle (possibly some EML on the walker(s)).

Hope some of this helps.