It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:41 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Hi everyone!

I've replaced all of my oop WLs and WWs with the newer plastic ones, and I'm having a heck of a time getting their poses to look normal and natural.

Do you guys have any advice on how to go about putting these models together in the easiest way possible?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:51 am 

I've only built Lords, but from what I've found the best way is to get the legs where you want them then more or less force the hip joint to go on. Once that is dryish (not fully dry as you might still need to move them a little) but the pre-assembled top half on the hip joint piece and hold/brace it in an upright position until it is dry. After that deal with the arms and shoulder mounts. I do not know if you are planning anything special but I would HIGHLY recommend using magnets on both of those models due to the extremely diverse amount of weapons they can wield. With the lord I would suggest placing the flamers/catapults on the arms and the heavy weapons either up top near his head or in his hands, with the top being the better spot for magnetizing in my opinion as you can then leave the hands free for a wraithsword or just to model in an epic smashing enemy units pose. As they currently look on of my Lords has a sword balanced across both of his fists and a scatter laser and starcannon on his shoulders (this was the first model I ever built and I had no idea what I was doing, and no i do not run him with that gear) and the second one has the flamers his shoulder with a bright lance in his right hand pointing forwards and a missile launcher mounted on his left forearm pointed directly at the dismembered chaos marine that he is stepping on. I'm interested to see what you come up with in the end as this is a pretty fun model to work with in the the posing line of things...

Wow I just realized how long this is, sorry for taking so much of your valuable time...

Khador: 25 points

Ogre Kingdoms: 2300 points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:47 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Greetings,

As I was reading your explanation I cam across this idea. I am not sure if it would work because I have never built or even seen the sprews for a WraithLord; however, would it be possible to pose the model on all fours perhaps aiming a weapon that is mounted on its back? I know it is terribly unrealistic for the piece but seriously, the idea of a cannon mounted on the back is totally Final Fantasy and it wouild be epic. At least, I think so. IDK, just something I was thinking of.

"It saddens me greatly that we must take arms against the peoples of the galaxy. By their deaths, they deny themselves the liberation that is only to be found in total surrender to the Greater Good. " - Aun'va, Master of the Undyng Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:37 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Would take a lot of modding and greenstuff

Necrons

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:25 pm 

The Calamity wrote:
Greetings,

As I was reading your explanation I cam across this idea. I am not sure if it would work because I have never built or even seen the sprews for a WraithLord; however, would it be possible to pose the model on all fours perhaps aiming a weapon that is mounted on its back? I know it is terribly unrealistic for the piece but seriously, the idea of a cannon mounted on the back is totally Final Fantasy and it wouild be epic. At least, I think so. IDK, just something I was thinking of.

Defiantly would take a LOT of modelling and chopping and greenstuff... how ever the only thing that is really standing int the way of this is the fact that the legs are hugely long, half again as much as the rest of the body... That and it does not really go with the fluff as Lords are supposed to be lithe, towering monstrosities full of grace, and crawling on all fours does not really seem to fit that in my honest opinion...

Khador: 25 points

Ogre Kingdoms: 2300 points

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:00 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Thanks for your responses.

I definitely magnetized my lords and walkers.

I more or less followed this method of assembly, and they look more or less alright. Just a little bit of an awkward turn in a foot or leg here or there, but nothing too noticeable unless you are really looking for it.