It is currently Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:47 pm 
Now we're getting somewhere...

Well guys im just about to start a new army which is Eldar. I have the codex the last ages and been looking threw it a while and just wondering what you think of it.
HQ
Eldrad

Troops
10x Dire avengers
-Exarch, dual avenger catapults
-Blade storm
Wave serpent
-Eml
10x Guardians
-Bright lance

Elites
6x Banshees
-Exarch, Executioner
Wave serpent
-Eml

Fast attack
Warp spiders
-Exarch
-Dual spinners

Thats it any comments welcome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:26 pm 
Silver Vault Member

From what I've seen, heard, and read your best bet is to go with 2 Battle forces and then branch out from there with Wave Serpents and whatever specialized squads you like/deem necessary for your forces...

Khador: 25 points

Ogre Kingdoms: 2300 points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:54 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

A little advice would be to drop the bright lance from the guardian squad andswitch it with thewave serpents EML (I know there is a points difference but you may need to tweak)

The reason for this is two fold.

1 guardians miss (a lot!!) so when you fire your one shot bright lance it will miss no doubt. Putting it twin linked on the wave serpent twin linked will give you a re roll.

2 Also you have your bright lances for one purpose and that is to crack the biggest heaviest armoured tank on the table. Youll want to be aiming at things with a 12 plus armour (otherwise you could be using EMLS). having it on the wve serpent allows you speed around and find that blasted Landraider. Also if the brightlance is in the squad you will be forced to shoot the whole squad at it (and hearing lots of pings as your shurikens do nothing). Having an eml in the squad allows you to fire at he same target either krak if you fancy it or plasma, getting your S4 blast and pinning. This way it can be combined with the swuads shooting.

Also how many warp spiders you bringing? Because Im thinking this could be an idea for me to drop a wave serpent from my usual list for a few spiders as it will giv me mobility and have the guardians to sit an hold objectives

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:14 am 
Now we're getting somewhere...

Thanks for the comments lads.
Im bringing 6x warp spiders and im bringing the warp spiders because i used my friends army and the warp spiders did brilliant. I was thinking though about trying to squeeze in hit and run but not sure yet.

Also ye what you said about the bright lance on the serpents make sense so will do that.

The other question i would like to ask about is and ino its wildly debated subject but which do you guys think is better striking scorpions, banshees or harlequins.

Thanks for the comments keep them coming.