It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Dark angels codex?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:51 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Josh Brayford wrote:
GW, Asked my local members and she couldn't help but confess.
And the BT book is the oldest i think, and therefore its seems pretty obvious its going to be done soon

GW Employees don't know anything. They're getting the same rumour info as we are and that's it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:36 am 
Silver Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Keep on mind that when the fifth came out, the starter box came with a new updated army (Space Marines) and an army that came out in the fourth edition some months before (Orks). And the SM army was one of the oldest in the fourth edition. So looking back at the history, it's really doubtfull that the starter set will have two old armies, more doubtful one or both of those armies will have a codex after the boxset. meaning or they do both DA and Chaos in this couple of months, or we will have one of the fifth edition codexes (DE are one of the rumours) and a new codex (which could be BT or DA) in the new starter box. That's my philosofical thought :p

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:18 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

castillo1313 wrote:
here is a pic of the new starter paint kit. Picked it up monday

wow they actually have moulded shoulder pads!!!!

so im guessing those ones then are some of the DA models that will be in the next starter set, seeing as the intro paint sets always have the same models from the starter sets (old 40k one had the same space marine tacticals as the starters, fantasy has sea guard, lotr has moria goblins)

as for the idea of DA will be getting a white dwarf/pdf codex, if that happens i will have to find another forum to make my complaints.....seeing as this is a family friendly forum...but seriously, if it was a white dwarf codex i would not be happy and would be sending GW a very very very very.....very long rant.....and i would probably end up including everything else that annoys me about them

but on the plus side...yay Dark Angels update and starter set!!!!!

My WIP http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=70250

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:56 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Evon wrote:
Keep on mind that when the fifth came out, the starter box came with a new updated army (Space Marines) and an army that came out in the fourth edition some months before (Orks). And the SM army was one of the oldest in the fourth edition. So looking back at the history, it's really doubtfull that the starter set will have two old armies, more doubtful one or both of those armies will have a codex after the boxset. meaning or they do both DA and Chaos in this couple of months, or we will have one of the fifth edition codexes (DE are one of the rumours) and a new codex (which could be BT or DA) in the new starter box. That's my philosofical thought :p

Sms were done because they were sms, not because they were first fourth.

The sms in aobr had 4th edition stats because the codex went into print after the set.

It is were made with fifth edition in mind and balanced for 5th; no point in a new codex.

Thinking logically, the dark angel on the spine will probably be completed after 12 issues and since we're on what? 4 or 5 now, its s till got like 6 to go dark angels will probably release at/around the starter set and both chaos and bt have gotten a lot of rumours. Either or could be next, but, gw store employees are no more privy to info than you are.

I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:39 am 
Silver Vault Member

Ashran wrote:
Thinking logically, the dark angel on the spine will probably be completed after 12 issues and since we're on what? 4 or 5 now, its s till got like 6 to go dark angels will probably release at/around the starter set and both chaos and bt have gotten a lot of rumours. Either or could be next, but, gw store employees are no more privy to info than you are.

Or it could be half DA and half Fallen, so there could be a new codex after the 6th issue, and we will have a Chaos codex after the 12th. But who could say :p although if effectively you're right, then there will be something like 4 to 5 months of difference between the sixth edition (with perhaps Dark Angels starter) and the new codex... for me it's enough if they leave the Ravenwing in peace :p

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:10 pm 

Considering that it's like issue 5 already and the SM isn't even half done, I sort of doubt they'll have room for an entire second Fallen :P

Also, if I remember right, AOBR didn't ship until a good 2-3 months after 5th, and IoB didn't ship for like a month after 8th (I think)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:30 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Ashran wrote:
Considering that it's like issue 5 already and the SM isn't even half done, I sort of doubt they'll have room for an entire second Fallen :P

I wasn't thinking about an entire Fallen Figure, but only half, meaning at the 6th we will have a complete half of DA Space Marine, and then from the 7th issue will start the left half of a Fallen Marine.

Ashran wrote:
Also, if I remember right, AOBR didn't ship until a good 2-3 months after 5th, and IoB didn't ship for like a month after 8th (I think)

So we should have a DA in this couple of months or effectively after 12 issues, meaning at december. That could actually work if sixth goes out at lets say August.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:34 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

All this talk about DA or BT being next, but I personally think it'll be either Tau or Chaos. Seriously, everytime I go into a GW (No joke, every time) someone moans about how Chaos or Tau aren't balanced, or are over prices, ect ect.
Surely they would hide the next Codex to come out? Why not put people off, by hinting it could be BT/DA but it's a different army altogther? Just saying.

And for clarification, I don't collect any of those armies, but I do like them :lol:

Turtle duck soup.

http://www.youtube.com/AlmostPerfectCrew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:38 am 

blahman212 wrote:
All this talk about DA or BT being next, but I personally think it'll be either Tau or Chaos. Seriously, everytime I go into a GW (No joke, every time) someone moans about how Chaos or Tau aren't balanced, or are over prices, ect ect.
Surely they would hide the next Codex to come out? Why not put people off, by hinting it could be BT/DA but it's a different army altogther? Just saying.

And for clarification, I don't collect any of those armies, but I do like them :lol:

GW has a policy of no info until 2 weeks before release, they do hate info leaks, they just suck at keeping secrets...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:31 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

BT and DA got lucky with a FAQ. Tau and Chaos haven't had so much luck with upgrades coming in FAQs, that is why you do not hear so many complaints about BT and DA. It doesn't mean DA and BT need a new codex.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:39 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

MFletch wrote:
BT and DA got lucky with a FAQ. Tau and Chaos haven't had so much luck with upgrades coming in FAQs, that is why you do not hear so many complaints about BT and DA. It doesn't mean DA and BT need a new codex.

I still consider BT/DA to be very competitive. I have friends that play both, and they're very good armies.

Turtle duck soup.

http://www.youtube.com/AlmostPerfectCrew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:38 am 

MFletch wrote:

Need for a new codex/absence of need has hardly impacted GW release order before...Thus why GK had to sit through 2 editions, SoBs still don't have anything great, and SMs get an update every edition...For further proof, Empire and orcs got an update when they were relatively recent while WE and Brets are still roiling in the limbo of weak armies.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:43 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

From what I hear, brets used to be broken (charge, massacre front couple of ranks, no attacks back, break, overrun, repeat), and the wood elves used to be just like any other gunline army - boring as hell, but able to hold their own.

Sisters and Grey Knights were (and Sisters still are) almost unplayable in a competitive setting.

Last edited by Chief on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:18 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

I still see people do decent with Black Templar, yet i would love a codex update for my crusade.... i know it will be so so ive been dusting off my old army and making a few additions. even if it isn't for a while im crossing my fingers!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:32 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Zeruel13 wrote:
Josh Brayford wrote:
GW, Asked my local members and she couldn't help but confess.
And the BT book is the oldest i think, and therefore its seems pretty obvious its going to be done soon

GW Employees don't know anything. They're getting the same rumour info as we are and that's it.

And besides this is not how GW decide who gets a new codex. From an interview in WD it was stated that they generaly work on the books they want to work on more or less. And also it might be that the BT book in in production but that work on DA was easier so it was done quicker and released earlier