diorama entry: until the end

Post your submissions for the Diorama category here.
hammer326
Now we're getting somewhere...

diorama entry: until the end

Post by hammer326 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:43 am

Hi everyone i am here to enter my recently completed diorama into the contest. I know its about 8 hours from deadline but idk why it wouldnt count as an entry. anyway onto the entry, I think ill start off by talking about how i constructed it. I started with some 1.5 inch styrene then coated top in watered down elmer's glue and covered in sand. then I carefully applied a latex equivalent of scorched brown before applying a bestial brown drybrush and over that a light bleached bone drybrush. I then painted up 4 deathworld veteran models using some techniques I have learned over my years of painting such as layering, highlighting, and a skin painting technique consisting of a dark flesh base over black primer, then tanned flesh then dwarf flesh then finally elf flesh and occasionally some white highlights. The models feature my new desert camo consisting of a bestial brown or tau sept ochre base thinned down and layered on there(about 9 layers give or take)and then spotted snakebite leather or scorched brown onto the base colour. I did all metallic parts of the models by starting with a codex grey base, then over that a codex grey-white mix, then adding more and more white into the mix as highlight layers giving a nonmetallic metal effect. input appreciated and if i win I hope that I see some of my fair competitors at 2nd or 3rd place! alright its about 2 AM here, been workin all night thanks for reading and enjoy the pics!!!

thanks for viewing and good luck to all!

BEFORE MY ENTRY GETS WRONGLY DISQUALIFIED HERE IS THE PICTURE WITH MY USERNAME AND THE CONTEST NAME FOR PROOF OF AUTHENTICITY