Greater Plague Demon

Post your submissions for the Fantasy Monsters category here.
orclord
Now we're getting somewhere...

Greater Plague Demon

Postby orclord » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Hello this is Orclord. Here is a greater plague demon made by Ultra Forge Miniatures. Canada based miniature company. I give all props to them they are great people. Fantastic miniatures made to be used with other 25mm scaled minis like GW. Great minis better and cheaper the FW. I like them a lot better.
OK This mini took 35 hours to paint. I love this miniature. Im a Nurgle freak and really love all the details. Please leave a comment and I will get back to you . Im willing to help anytime. Thanks Orclord
Last edited by orclord on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Re: Greater Plague Demon

Postby Joe » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:38 pm

I love how you worked all the colours into this one... they are beautiful together... and I feel a little icky saying that about a Nurgle Daemon like this... but you know what I mean.

I totally forgot about Ultra Forge... I really like their Daemon Of Pleasure. But I think that is par for the course ;)
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

Apa1994
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Apa1994 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:53 am

Joe wrote:I love how you worked all the colours into this one... they are beautiful together... and I feel a little icky saying that about a Nurgle Daemon like this... but you know what I mean.

I totally forgot about Ultra Forge... I really like their Daemon Of Pleasure. But I think that is par for the course ;)

Joe, havn´t you realized, it is you he/she has painted. :P

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby A Luna » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:56 am

Truly magnificent! The copper parts are mainly very well done and the use of colours is wicked! ACE! IMHO the purple + yellow is a little overdone (purple is in my opinion a little to bright next to the yellow) but its an amazing job:O
I could learn a thing of two from you :mrgreen:
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

DeathOnToast5
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby DeathOnToast5 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:22 am

i love the spilled guts they are nicely painted. but for me i think the purple and the yellow is a bit too much for me.
"My blade shall not lie, lest they enemy be slain"

Space Marine Captain Yriel Blake of the Grey Blades.

KillTheGimp
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby KillTheGimp » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:13 pm

Wow...simply put wow... The colors are awesome and so is the mini itself!

Am I crazy, but do I see a Zombified Jabba the Hutt when I look at that miniature!? lol

demarcosg
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby demarcosg » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:37 pm

oh man... i dun feel so good.. and i have seen alot of nurgle.

this is great work. i never imagined such a riot of colour could come together and produce such magnificent results. i love the yellows and purples.. really give it the sickly look but in a wierd way. great job.

Return to “Fantasy Monsters Category”