Lotrmaster6 - »Soul Harvest«

Post your submissions for the Fantasy Singles category here.
lotrmaster6
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Lotrmaster6 - »Soul Harvest«

Post by lotrmaster6 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:28 am

I hereby present:

Soul Harvest

BLURB:
I bought this mini because he looked fun to paint. It really was fun to paint, but priming it with white was probably one of the worst idea's ever. It took ages to cover up every single spot. Though this had one advantage, it required extreme patience to paint which improved my skill.

Note that all the metal on this mini is NMM, not one drip of metallic paint has been used. I think it turned out great, but I'll leave the final verdict to you.

Overview:

Detail:

Proof:

Though it's a little unclear, I think you can see that this is the same mini.
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

DeathOnToast5
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Lotrmaster6 - »Soul Harvest«

Post by DeathOnToast5 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:28 am

this is absolutely AMAZING the detail and the blending really makes this model vibrant, u no if u entered this model into the golden demon this year you may have a nice chance of taking a place on the podium.....hu nows? but well done this is totally epic.
"My blade shall not lie, lest they enemy be slain"

Space Marine Captain Yriel Blake of the Grey Blades.

lotrmaster6

Post by lotrmaster6 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:32 am

Thnx for that, I expect the competition to be fierce at GD compo's. I'd love to enter into it though, but I don't know if I'm good enough yet.
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:51 pm

DeathOnToast5 wrote:this is absolutely AMAZING the detail and the blending really makes this model vibrant, u no if u entered this model into the golden demon this year you may have a nice chance of taking a place on the podium.....hu nows? but well done this is totally epic.
Lol with all respect but... what blending? There is absolutely no blending in here because you can see the layers of the NMM. Also, another comment I don't mean to offend you Lotrmaster, but the GD is insanely hard;)

@lotrmaster entry:
Great job on it, I find the miniature very good but its a shame that you don't have bigger pictures. The NMM could really do some work but you're really going for it and you got the point on how to paint it, just need to smooth out the layers because I can see every single layer on the NMM and clothing.
The colours are very well chosen, they really fit eachother. Again, a shame that you use these small pictures. I like your work but 1. you really need bigger pictures so we can see more details and 2. you need to smooth out the layers on the miniature.
Combine that, and you got yourself some amazing miniatures.

Just ignore this if you feel like :mrgreen:
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

FrenchHammer
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by FrenchHammer » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:41 pm

Just incredible and the base you have made for this mini, it looks like a part of World of Warcraft terrain, the same colour. Anyway, you will win^^

lotrmaster6

Post by lotrmaster6 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:08 pm

@ A Luna: "The blending on the NMM indeed is something to work on, but it's also a work in progress so I'll take your comments as building criticism. The reason for the size of the pictures is that I like to display miniatures more the less in their actual size. Anything bigger then that will either fail to deliver the picture. Also I added some detail photo's at the bottom, if you'd like to I can upload some more of those, but then I'd be breaking the rules".

@ FrenchHammer: "I did NOT make the base to get that point clear. I bought it at a local hobby shop some time ago. I wanted to fit it under my Lord of Carnage, but It didn't seem to fit. When I painted this mini, I looked at the base and realised that they would fit perfectly together."

The colours I chose for this mini are not inspired from anything. I just got some random idea's which turned out pretty nicely ;).
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Ofcourse its always up to you to show the miniature on 100% scale. I would like to give you a tip if you're gonna enter some more competitions (like wyrd-games competition, WAMP, iron painter and such) go for bigger pictures. if judges are in doubt, most of the time (about 99 out of 100) they won't give you points.

Let me know if you got something new again :D
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

lotrmaster6

Post by lotrmaster6 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Well thanks for the tips. I just stick to what I've got now, unless the judges demand me to get some larger stuff up in order for them to judge properly.

For a new mini I was thinking of this one:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/214784
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

Infardi
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Infardi » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:22 pm

... :shock: ....
Do you do tutorials or lessons or can you teach me? I mean i have seen tutorials like your techniques like NMM but to have it executed that well it just amazing. Thank god i'm not into fantasy or i would have been lost long time ago. :D
"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."- Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

"If your the last man standing, then your not fighting hard enough!"

lotrmaster6

Post by lotrmaster6 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:01 am

Hehe, I do have video's on youtube, but not about these techniques. I'm going to upload those video's probably in my Summer Holiday. When I've got time to make them ;).

About teaching those skills I'll probably only do by video's. Or you must feel the urge to drive all the way up to my place so I can teach you 8) .
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

Cookie
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Cookie » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:58 am

Wow... now that is some great NMM...

lotrmaster6

Post by lotrmaster6 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks for the great response ;)
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by DrBored » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:01 pm

This is one of the best I've seen yet. The fact that you had the balls to paint those metal pieces so beautifully without metallic paints says a lot.

I hope to see a tutorial from you about how you painted this! I'd love to get those brilliant, precise effects with my army!

Darkgod
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Darkgod » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:42 pm

i like this one better than your lord of carnage, loving the nmm, keep up the good work

Durf
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryWon the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Durf » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:13 pm

I'm usually not a fan of NMM, mostly because most people can't quite get them right. I will definitely make an exception for yours... You have pulled them off quite nicely and have a beautiful color scheme on top of it. I am really impressed by this model.