Daemon Prince

Post your submissions for the Science Fiction Monsters category here.
hoog440
Now we're getting somewhere...

Daemon Prince

Post by hoog440 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:58 am

The Daemon Prince went through a couple of conversions so it would look natural in my chaos army.
The hair was made out of green stuff to cover up a gap between the neck and the head.
The model came two of the same sided vents so green stuff was used to make it at least twisted. The model went through many washes, drybrushing, and glossing two give it a natural color blend.

magicguitar19
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Daemon Prince

Post by magicguitar19 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:12 pm

was this your first model?everyhting is good even the hari, bu need to do some better basing and go back and do some touchups. here's some red on your shoulder pad where it's supposed to be blue
NECRONS-1010 points
Black Templars-2922 points
Behemoth Tyranids-2195 points
Daemonhunters-2110 points
Chaos Space Marines-3150 points
Orks- 654 points

hoog440
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Daemon Prince

Post by hoog440 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:54 pm

It was one of my first models I ever painted beside a few Khorne Beserkers and Space Marines it was on of my first. My original idea was to have on a bigger base because the 40mm, which it came with, was too small for a big figure like that. My basing material was limited and I didn't have a bigger base for it. I just based it with regular sand and I painted Chaos Black to the sand and then a red wash all over it and then I put a layer of gloss over it, to imitate fresh blood. And its red because instead of a black basecoat I used red as the basecoat that is part of the painting to show that the paint is slowly being eating away the paint to show the daemonic presence and the most mutated parts of his body is a sickly greenish color with gloss