Norsehawk's Second Entry: Iron Angel

Post your submissions for the Science Fiction Vehicles category here.
Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Norsehawk's Second Entry: Iron Angel

Post by Norsehawk » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:30 am

Baneblade! Plasma Storm Camo:

(sponsons magnetized and are removable)

Proof Pictures:
(plus cat!)
Last edited by Norsehawk on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Insert witty slogan here! Lifetime silver member

Rahvin616
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Norsehawk's Second Entry: Iron Angel

Post by Rahvin616 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:15 am

Beautifully done!

DeathOnToast5
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by DeathOnToast5 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:59 pm

nice :D
"My blade shall not lie, lest they enemy be slain"

Space Marine Captain Yriel Blake of the Grey Blades.

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Norsehawk » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:07 pm

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:40 pm

Sorry everyone, but since my honor as a competitor has been called into question for offering constructive criticism on models, I feel honor bound to remove this model from consideration.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments.

I hope this proves to you that I had no ill intentions in offering the constructive critcism Jawaballs.

Boon
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Boon » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:00 pm

Don't be so melodramatic, You're getting all worked up over something that doesn't really matter, just chill and be happy that you can produce work of this quality. and I do mean quality.
theBoonarmies.blogspot
check it out...
new post 2/12/2011

Joey
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joey » Fri May 01, 2009 5:45 pm

Norsehawk, i am really feeling that you are taking this too far. A matter of fact, you are. I do not care how old you are but i really think you should re-think everything that has happened. You are making the wrong decisions and i'm quite simply amazed at what this has led in to.

I do not want another arguement, i'm just stating the fact that you do need to see the "competition" part of this. Respect is a very important part. In any competition, respectful-ness can really help your reputation. I'm not trying to say that you are dis-respectful, just a reminder that's all.

I'm quite sure that Jawaballs did not intend to dishearten you are anything of the sort.

Right, I want to suggest something. I suggest to continue in the competition and forget things in the past.

The past is the past and somethings cannot be changed, you can change what happened about changing your attitude in CC.

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Fri May 01, 2009 6:52 pm

It doesn't matter if I rejoin the competition or not, since I would never win anyway. My painting has never won a single contest I have gone in on.

As far as the main issue, I was glad when he thanked me for the constructive criticism. Then he did a complete 180 and twisted it around and all but accused me of trying to bash his entry to make mine have a better chance. To make it absolutely clear that I was not trying to influence things in my favor, I pulled my entries out of the competition. If he wants me to put them back in for consideration, he can tell me via post or private message. Again however, not like it matters anyway.

Darkgod
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Darkgod » Mon May 04, 2009 6:44 am

and has he? you know posted you to say come back in

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Mon May 04, 2009 3:02 pm

nope, haven't heard a peep.

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Mon May 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Screw it, it's probably too late now, but I am putting my entries back in for consideration. While I would like an apology for my feeling that I was accused of trying to rig the vote, I am not going to throw my toy out of the pram just to prove a point.

Boon
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Boon » Tue May 05, 2009 7:01 pm

Norsehawk wrote:Screw it, it's probably too late now, but I am putting my entries back in for consideration. While I would like an apology for my feeling that I was accused of trying to rig the vote, I am not going to throw my toy out of the pram just to prove a point.
atta' boy.
Not that you should have pulled them in the first place, This is the internet. You should expect differences in opinion and perspective, Don't let it get to you.

Now that thats settled, how did you get the camo pattern on the hull?
theBoonarmies.blogspot
check it out...
new post 2/12/2011

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Tue May 05, 2009 7:54 pm

Boon wrote:
Now that thats settled, how did you get the camo pattern on the hull?
Ok, will give you my secret method (heh)
First, prime black
Drybrush codex grey to get the base coat down.
Start with the red, get Red Gore, and a really old crappy brush, the stiffer the bristles the better...
dip bristles into the paint, wipe off some onto the paper and proceed to jab the bristles into the side of the tank to make large red blotches on the tank.
Repeat with orange (I used blazing orange)
Repeat with yellow (sunburst)
Let dry fully.

Once everything is nice and dry, get some jet black gouache and make a mixture of gouache and water, about a 1:4 ratio, so it is nice and thin.
Paint the mixture over the entire tank, it will run into the recesses, and let dry
at this point, the tank will look like butt.
Now, get a cotton swab or damp cloth and start rubbing the item over the tank, the gouache will erase from the armor plates leaving black lines in the recesses.
Now seal the tank well, so that if it ever gets wet the gouache will not run.