PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:21 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #5
Great job man, nothing else can be said. /salute :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:47 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
nice, clean and bright.

its highlighted well but im unsure of the base though :?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:52 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

very nice work. can tell it was a little rushed towards the end though haha. but great stuff

where's ur wraithlord?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:52 am 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Freaking amazing. I sure hope you properly seal this model to make sure it never loses any of that fine detail or vibrant color. Lucius is as Slaanesh as you can get, and you definitely have a great sense of detail, blending, and cleanliness, all of which are prereqs before you can tackle a model like this.

Great work!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:19 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Words can't describe how good this is...I really hope you win, and this is by far my faverouite entry in the contest. A great character with a great paintjob. Really, really nice work :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:28 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Finally, It looks great, I'm sure it will do well.

Ultramarines: 1300 points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:18 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Looks great Z, but just thinkin about Lucius makes me mad, with still reading the Horus rising books... Backstabbing ninja (no offense to the ninjas... :mrgreen: )

Jason

DragonRider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:51 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #7Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
*Jaw drops to floor*

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:31 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Hey man,

Great to see in in the competition! Was sweet watching the WIP on freebootaz forum!

Good Luck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:49 pm 

Zeruel 13, I don't just want to say you entered a friggin' nice model, because that would spoil the moment.

There is a lot on the mini I like and surely some stuff I don't. I'm just going to be honest with you here and I hope you can use this as advice (I'm not a master myself, but just giving my opinion).

I really like the NMM on the "front" of his sword, the back wasn't looking so cool. The reason I like the NMM is because it looks like it's really shiny. Something that's important above all. There are 2 other NMM pieces on here that I like, being the belt and the icon that's hanging from it. This SENMM is cool and looks good. I don't like the shoulderpad NMM because that just doesn't do it for me.

Now of course this mini is not all about NMM and so there are other great parts on this mini. For one take the cloth and clothing you painted here, it really had this kinda dark feeling that you probably wanted to achieve. Turned out great :) Job well done.
2 other great parts on the mini are his face and the soul-invested armour he's wearing, good use of highlights, very nicely executed.

Last but not least his pink armour. It really fits the model and you used it within good boundaries.

One little question before putting this to rest though:
What to think of the base and of the pipes on his back (green, red & blue)?? They don't fit the mini I think.

Surely this mini is far to great to end negatively so to add some last kind words. The mini looks awesome, no doubt about that. On some minor flaws I think you are a real competitor in this contest for me and I wish you good luck.

(Phew, longest comment I wrote in a while)

Lotrmaster6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 am 

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
Brilliant love it dude!!!!

Dark Angels - 650 pts

TERMIES- GK!!! viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12533

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:41 am 

@ Zeruel13 I'm also just working up my level with every piece I do ;). My NMM is far from where I want to have it, but still it's turning out nicely already. Round surfaces are quite easy to achieve, but I can't really explain it without showing it with pictures. All you need to do is take a closer look at a lot of metal stuff that has a curved surface. Things such as a screwdriver and a tin can.

Gold
I use calthan brown (citadel foundation) for a first basecoat. Then I take out snakebite leather for a first highlight. Then mix Golden Yellow with snakebite for a third highlight. Now it's up to either of us to figure out how many mixes of SHT we want to do with the yellow and snakebite.
(more about SHT here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/content/RFdGcSc3jml5)

After I worked up to pure Golden Yellow I mix white through it (again figure out SHT).
As a last layer I paint a very thin line of skull white.

Silver
Can't say, haven't figured that out either.

Lotrmaster6

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:13 pm 

Zeruel, this is outstanding work. This model would definatly inspire lots of Chaos players, I am very sure of that, I can tell you that it has inspired me. I really want to say that you have done a fantastic job on the model and i really think this model really could have a very very good chance in this competition.
The work you have done makes me proud to be a Chaos player/painter. I also love the sword effects you have created on the sword aswell, i don't see many painters do that and I think you've done it perfect.
I agree what Lotrmaster6 said. About the pipes on his back, i think they do fit the model since they do give a nice contrast in my opinion. The pink-ish look on the armour looks great aswell.

Overall, you've done a great job and i really hope you do well in the competition.

Well done!

Last thing, you've really inspired me.

All the best,

Joey

P.S - Looking forward for more work on your Chaos armies. I got the impression that you are going to start a Slaanesh-y army some time, and i'd like to see your progress when you get round to it.

Also if comments are repeated and/or grammer problems it's because i'm really tired.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------