NEW RULE ADDED - MUST READ OR YOUR ENTRY WON'T COUNT

This forum is for posting your entries to our painting contest. Please read forum rules before posting. The rules are here:

http://www.miniwargaming.com/blog/gener ... g-contest/
Forum rules
Only start new threads if you are entering our Miniature Painting Contest. Feel free to post comments on entries that you see.

Read the rules here before posting:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/blog/gener ... g-contest/
Staindsoul4life
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: NEW RULE ADDED - MUST READ OR YOUR ENTRY WON'T COUNT

Post by Staindsoul4life » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm sure if people keep complaining and making these contest harder to administer, miniwargaming.com as we know it will become like any other site with no cool contest and prizes. All because of people who cannot stick to the rules and just show their talent instead of showing how lousy they are at cheating.

I wont be surprised if this becomes the last painting contest...

lotrmaster6
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by lotrmaster6 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:37 pm

I don't think miniwargaming will let it come to that. A better idea would be to stop the stream of incoming people on the forums and pick the rotten apples out. I think that will happen before MWG gives up fighting for justice and a non-cheating competition.

Well I hope they do at least.

Good luck sorting it all out.
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

taquito92
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by taquito92 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:10 pm

Ya, I agree with lotrmaster6, I think mwg should pick out the cheaters and ban them from any contests...while people will think this as harsh...seriously its like 50 bucks at stake! Or 25 if you're 2nd or 3rd

DigitalNinja

Post by DigitalNinja » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:10 pm

I think that these contests should only be open to people who join before the contest starts, and in the videos, tell people to join now for the next one. That way, anyone seriously trying to enter this contest will know for the next one.

PS: Post 200
I want there to be images allowed in Siggys!

lotrmaster6

Post by lotrmaster6 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:31 am

That would be a golden idea. Just set a deadline for people to enter into the compo. After this deadline there's like 2 weeks to get with the finished product. In that way you know that you'll only get serious people in.
taquito92 wrote:Ya, I agree with lotrmaster6, I think mwg should pick out the cheaters and ban them from any contests...while people will think this as harsh...seriously its like 50 bucks at stake! Or 25 if you're 2nd or 3rd
That's another point, why cheat and get masses of negative comments at a possible price of $50. It's not a price I want to pay for spoiling my nickname....

Also about that blacklist, I think MWG won't make that public, but keep it for themsellfs just to track down cheaters in the future.
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:34 am

If you mean enter and paint after you entered.. not a good idea.. any idea how long it took me to finish my falcon?:P
about 8 months in between start and finish.
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

lotrmaster6

Post by lotrmaster6 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:27 am

No that's not how I mean it. This compo started about 2-3 weeks ago and you already have the falcon on, so you where working on it before the comp started. If MWG was to give an entering deadline people could join up to that date. In that way they know that only that group will enter into the comp and they will have a way larger overview on the whole mess.

I hope I made myself clear on that 8). Hard thing to explain right in English (after all, I'm Dutch).
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

DigitalNinja

Post by DigitalNinja » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:02 am

Or maybe, people with less than 100 posts need to have WIP pics of their models in the competition as well?
I want there to be images allowed in Siggys!

Scarth
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Scarth » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Hey guys, just got a question.
Does it have to say the painting contest (MWG Platnium Brush Painting Comp) on the piece of paper? Because I couldn't fit it on mine. Should i take more pics? :?
http://platinumdemon.webs.com/

Platinum Demon - My Miniature Painting Service.

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:42 pm

I just got a pic of my username and entries. I guess that is enough, on some pics I'm holding the miniature up so if they still don't believe me, they can look around the internet but they'll only find miniatures that are mines.
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube

lotrmaster6

Post by lotrmaster6 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:46 am

Same over here, but I only got one model on atm :)
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

kknight25
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by kknight25 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:08 am

Ohk, my camera is bad, so u might not see the pic, also um some very good photoshoppers, like my friends r pros, so u better watch out 4 some people who do that, i'm just average!

lotrmaster6

Post by lotrmaster6 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:33 am

Photoshop is not bad to use when you're about to upload pictures. I usually crank the brightness and contrast up a little and I resize my pictures before uploading. Other than that I can't think of anything that's legal towards this contest.
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

A Luna
Gold Vault Member

Post by A Luna » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:05 pm

lotrmaster6 wrote:Photoshop is not bad to use when you're about to upload pictures. I usually crank the brightness and contrast up a little and I resize my pictures before uploading. Other than that I can't think of anything that's legal towards this contest.
HAH! Cheater!:P crank up the contrast!
My pictures are pure.. straight out of the photocamera, resized and uploaded. Some I cut out the miniature and place them in a collage.

But if you look at most pro miniature painters, they tweaken their miniatures a lot so they look better. Whenever you see it in real life, it looks a lot less awesome. Darn cheaters.. (just my humble opinion;))
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube

lotrmaster6

Post by lotrmaster6 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:41 am

A Luna wrote: HAH! Cheater!:P crank up the contrast!
My pictures are pure.. straight out of the photocamera, resized and uploaded. Some I cut out the miniature and place them in a collage.

But if you look at most pro miniature painters, they tweaken their miniatures a lot so they look better. Whenever you see it in real life, it looks a lot less awesome. Darn cheaters.. (just my humble opinion;))
If you can tell me how to do that with a lightbox please share your knowledge. I'd love to make great pictures. Ah well, I don't fix-up my mini's with photoshop (except the overall contrast & brightness), so I don't consider myself a cheater.
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6