GB 77: Scatter Terrain

An Archive of previous Group Builds
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

GB 77: Scatter Terrain

Post by Nappen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:57 am

Welcome to Group Build Number 77

I am two weeks late in posting this (still in temp housing without my computer or toys) so will add a couple extra weeks on the end.

This month's theme: Like leaves falling from the autum trees....SCATTER TERRAIN

Another idea provided in the GB Idea thread (hint...hint...)

A set of at least 4 peices of scatter terrain. No other limits, but bonus points for Halloween themes since we did not do the "something scary" build this year.

If anyone has any questions; this is the place to ask!

Rules: PLEASE READ

1) Post WIP threads in the "current Group Build" Folder.

2) Those who participate are expected to post progres s reports of their build under their own topic heading (i.e. GBXIX:Blue’s Big Hill).
-Please format it like this. Place ‘GBXVIII:’ in the beginning of your subjects.
-Once completed you MUST edit the topics title to include the word “complete”. (i.e. GBXV:Blue’s Big Hill-Complete) This is done by editing the original posts subject.-Once completed I will usually choose 2 of the completed pictures from every build to be added to the voting thread, but the number of entries may enable more, or require less

3) Please don't post pictures of a piece of terrain that you have already built. The idea of this build is to make something new. Therefore you must post at least 2 pictures, one being a work in progress, one being a finished product. Play fair, don't cheat!

4) Entries must be completed by the deadline in order to qualify.

5) You can enter multiple times.
-please do a separate thread for each entry.

6) All participants that complete will get a campaign ribbon added to their sig.
-I will keep tabs on everyone who completes and deserves a ribbon/badge until the ribbons are issued.
-Only one completion each month goes towards ribbons, ie three completions in a month gets one ribbon, not three.

7) Builds must be painted to be eligible for voting.

HAVE FUN!

The build begins Now and finishes 11/30/17 11:59 PM CET. With voting the first week in December.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: GB 77: Scatter Terrain

Post by Nappen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:57 am

Again, sorry for the late post. I hope to have my stuff around in time to join in!

locomoticopter
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by locomoticopter » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:39 pm

This will help me out with my latest project. As I have said before I am not too big on learning pages of rules to play a game. Also I want to play with my kids. I am trying to make up my own simplified war game. So I am pretty new to a lot of this so I do have a question. Is there any sort of guideline for the size of a piece of scatter terrain? Is there such a thing as too small or too big. I really like 40k space Marines and orks so I think I will be using this as my minis.
More of a hobbyist than a gamer.

Armies (if you can call it that):
1 set of Space Marine Tactical Squad (one mini modded to be female)
1 set of Ork Boyz
6 Zombicide survivors painted
2 Zombicide zombies painted (a lot more to go)
Asstd. Reaper Bones

RandomTsar
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by RandomTsar » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:14 am

Scatter terrain is cool. There is a tutorial for little stuff I've been wanting to do for awhile now, so this should be good.

As for simplified rules, @locomoticopter search one page 40k. Could be a good start.

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:13 am

a shop in town has recently got a load of stuff in that i'm stocking up for terrain, i might actually take part in this one lol
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

Litanyoffury
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Litanyoffury » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Is it too late to join this GB ?
It's grim? It's dark? Sounds like my thing .....

locomoticopter
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by locomoticopter » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:49 pm

I haven't even started yet, and I haven't seen an update in the "current group build" sub forum. So I am pretty sure it's not too late. I could be wrong and don't want to answer for admins.

1 set of Ork Boyz
Asstd. Reaper Bones

Litanyoffury
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Litanyoffury » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:49 am

Thanks locomoticopter :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:31 am

This build goes until the end of November.

Once you have something to post, post it in the current build folder. The first week in December I will put up a voting thread so we can vote on our favorites :)

The big part is just doing something and talking about the builds as they go.

Have fun!

Litanyoffury
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Litanyoffury » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:22 pm

Thanks nappen look forward to getting started :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:39 am

100% on me. I missed the boat on this. Overwhelmed by holidays, work and life in general.

Up to the group. Do we extend it into the new year, start fresh or what?

locomoticopter
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by locomoticopter » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:06 am

If I had the choice I would say let GB 77 stand as it is. Either declare the one complete entry the winner, or put up a vote between the complete and semi complete entry.

My reasoning is it is the new year, a new start, a fresh start on life even. That is just my opinion though.

1 set of Ork Boyz
Asstd. Reaper Bones

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:07 pm

Agree. Will post a new one tomorrow.

locomoticopter
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by locomoticopter » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:48 pm

Can't wait. Yaaaay!

1 set of Ork Boyz
Asstd. Reaper Bones

Return to “Past Group Builds”