GB 72 - Sprue Throne finished

An Archive of previous Group Builds
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

GB 72 - Sprue Throne finished

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Working out how to go about this, but as soon as Nappen started this, I thought of this idea:

So, yes, Guildy is literal ^_^ It's Sprues for the Sprue Throne!
Last edited by Guildenstern on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: GB 72 - Sprues

Post by IG_Guardsman » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:50 am

Interesting idea! Start by having the basic throne and then just keep adding sprue carved weapons and some left-over choppas if you have any. Looking forward to see how it comes together!

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:02 pm

General-Kroll wrote:Were you thinking of doing it with just random bits of sprue or actual weapons? Either way I think it will look awesome. But I think the random sprue one will be more original and look cooler.
Random sprues I think. I don't have enough swords to do the original, but I figure I can carve a few to look similiar - or pointy anyway? Trying to figure out about how big it needs to be now. I have a couple bazillion sprue '2X4's all cleaned up now, so should have the framework together soon!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:57 pm

Ok so pic dump - finally working on this again!

And, traitor hands, apparently decided to disregard brain and started making something more resembling a war litter.... I guess it's going to be for Warlord! granted that's been in the back of my mind for a while now. So, anyway, I guess it's a Sprue Throne carried into battle now. lol

So, I actually started working on this the night before, and some of the pieces didn't end up making it into the design (yet anyway).

^^ Here's the basic framework (and a bit not used there in the upper right)

^^ Here is a later stage, with lots of spiky bits added because of course you don't want anyone clambering onto your warlitter/throne! And it was inspired by the original picture of the sword throne idea as well.

^^ Here's a front view, with "wood" planks and the chair itself. Both the back of the 'chair' and the upright pieces on the platform itself were just bits of sprue I liked the look of - very almost mechanical? I think I may try to add some cables connecting them but we'll see if I can get my little GS former blocks to work. May need more practrice than I have time for.

^^ Same stage, just a side view.

Guildenstern

Re: GB 72 - Sprue Throne

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:03 pm

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:40 pm

gonna be good.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:16 pm

It's looking amazing and properly ramshackle!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:56 pm

Thanks guys! hopefully I can quit adding bits to it....arrrrgh! I want to finish it lol And then I keep finding something that's like "oh this will look good!"

Will post another pic in a bit, camera's charging.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:56 pm

^^ that would be awesome!

finally took a new pic of my progress

Mach-Ten
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by Mach-Ten » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:53 am

Guildenstern wrote:^^ that would be awesome!

finally took a new pic of my progress
Wow, coming on strong!

As for rules, i,d say rerolls on all morale checks for any unit within 12 inches, of the same type that a character is seated upon the throne!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:56 pm

that house rule would rock, definitely be useful

anyway, here's progress - slow but sure sigh

Still figuring out which direction I want to set the chair on top - it's backwards atm, compared to how I had it previously. I haven't glued it down yet, so I can paint it. I think it actually fits better the other way, with the spikes in front instead of the shields but anyway still WIP

Return to “Past Group Builds”