GB 72 - Sprue Throne finished

An Archive of previous Group Builds
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: GB 72 - Sprue Throne Done

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:35 am

Like a lot of things this seemed to accelerate from half finished to done rather quickly.

So, did a lot of weathering, really, trying to make the wood and metal look old and worn. Mostly used GW stuff for it this go around. Got to play with my tentacle maker (GS tool) to make the tubes so that was pretty fun. I left some hooks open as it were for future captured banners to be displayed on the throne part. I didn't put the Stormvermin that carry this in the shot as they are still unprimed even sadly.

The base is from a previously made base, that was the reverse of this one so I put this together from the left overs - thought it looked fairly interesting and yet somewhat swampy. Only other thing, I really need to find my tripod sigh, holding the camera just isn't working as well.

Anyway, otherwise I'm pleased with how it came out, and now I've more options when taking my warlord - plus he'll definitely stand out!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Return to “Past Group Builds”