GB 72

An Archive of previous Group Builds
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

GB 72

Post by Nappen » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:28 am

Welcome to Group Build Number 72

This month's theme: Sprues

Yes, we are finally going to do it. Get out the old sprues and make something that includes them!

If anyone has any questions; this is the place to ask!

Rules: PLEASE READ

1) Those who participate are expected to post progres s reports of their build under their own topic heading (i.e. GBXIX:Blue’s Big Hill).
-Please format it like this. Place ‘GBXVIII:’ in the beginning of your subjects.
-Once completed you MUST edit the topics title to include the word “complete”. (i.e. GBXV:Blue’s Big Hill-Complete) This is done by editing the original posts subject.-Once completed I will usually choose 2 of the completed pictures from every build to be added to the voting thread, but the number of entries may enable more, or require less

2) Please don't post pictures of a piece of terrain that you have already built. The idea of this build is to make something new. Therefore you must post at least 2 pictures, one being a work in progress, one being a finished product. Play fair, don't cheat!

3) Entries must be completed by the deadline in order to qualify.

4) You can enter multiple times.
-please do a separate thread for each entry.

5) All participants that complete will get a campaign ribbon added to their sig.
-I will keep tabs on everyone who completes and deserves a ribbon/badge until the ribbons are issued.
-Only one completion each month goes towards ribbons, ie three completions in a month gets one ribbon, not three.

6) Builds must be painted to be eligible for voting.

7) HAVE FUN!
The build begins Now and finishes 6/31/16 11:59 PM CET. With voting the first week in June.

Follow-up thoughts:
It is recommended that you hold off on making a thread until you have some thing to show in it. (You can always do a sketch and post a picture of that)
Take some pictures of your build that you feel really show it off the best. It always helps to have a mini next to it for scale also.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: GB 72

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:04 pm

hmmm...

if you're making something for models (like a warlitter for instance) is it technically terrain? Just curious.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:22 pm

Well here I was about to go to sprue city to make terrain!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:58 pm

Dez wrote:Well here I was about to go to sprue city to make terrain!
o.O

O.o

dcrabb
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by dcrabb » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:36 pm

Sprues....sprues....sprues....hmmm, let me see if I might have one or two of those laying around somewhere.... :?

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu May 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Ok due to time contstraints, I may not make this one :( would anyone mind terribly if we extended it through end of June? I finally have an idea of what I want to work on, but I'm iffy I'll get it done in time :( and with the lack of other responders I thought maybe this would be a good time to extend it?

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by IG_Guardsman » Tue May 17, 2016 4:37 am

I kind of agree with Guildenstern on the extention of the GB... I have noticed a certain slowing down of builds and a lack of participants in the competitions lately... I'd love to participate and even have a couple of ideas, but time is a something I don't have this month.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat May 21, 2016 5:13 am

okay, extended a month it is :)

Litanyoffury
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Litanyoffury » Wed May 25, 2016 11:35 am

I'm interested in this for sure :)
It's grim? It's dark? Sounds like my thing .....

dcrabb
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by dcrabb » Fri May 27, 2016 10:53 am

Thanks for the extension. I will be able to complete an entry this time. The monthly deadlines just seem to come around too quickly for me.

genso6
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by genso6 » Tue May 31, 2016 8:06 pm

Make sure it ends up saying "Voting in the first week of July"!
Fantasy
Throng of Karak Hirn: 1750 points
Men of the Ostermark: 2000 points
Orcs: 2000 points
Tzeentch WoC: 1500 points

Space Wolves: 2000 points
The Irongrad Renegade Alliance: 1250
Mordian 81st: 1000 points
Orks: 1250 points

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by IG_Guardsman » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:19 am

Where is everyone?! I lost my motivation to continue with the build like... mid-month. I did some more, but the lack of other participants demotivates me...
Are we calling it a dud and move on?

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:59 pm

mine's still in progress... with a whole lot to go =/ really doubt I'll make it in four days sigh

Return to “Past Group Builds”