(helpme!) Bang for buck- noise marines

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Silaconis
Now we're getting somewhere...

(helpme!) Bang for buck- noise marines

Postby Silaconis » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi, Silacon here

I'm looking to create 2 identical squads of Noise Marines:

(x2)
10 Noise Marines
Noise Champion / Power Fist / Doom siren / Melta Bombs
Personal Icon
8 Sonic Blasters
Blastmaster

Total: (x2) 345pts (690pts)

But the question is:
How do i make the models for this unit the cheapest way possible, where do i buy all these damn sonic blasters. i don't want to waste my money on some bolter holding hairy-ticks
:?:

WandalfTheGhite
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: (helpme!) Bang for buck- noise marines

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:51 pm

I would say keep your eyes on bitz shops like bitz barn, otherwise you would have to convert them.
Wandalf's Lawn Care - "Weeds shall not pass!" - Shas Mechanicus

"Wandalf, I like you. You can stay" - Iggy

"Hufflepuffs are excellent finders."
SO. MUCH. WIN!!!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER FOR THAT! XD - Clabbage

DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby DrBored » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:10 pm

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod1400035

There's the official Games Workshop Sonic Blasters. It has 5 Sonic Blasters and 1 Blastmaster. You get 1 Sonic Blaster and 1 Blastmaster in each box of actual Noise Marines, along with 3 special Noise Marine heads, a special Noise Marine torso, and a Power Weapon and Doom Siren.

There are many ways you could simply convert a Sonic Blaster and Blastmaster though. I've seen people put Daemonette heads on the front of Bolters and Heavy Bolters. I've seen people use the Dirge Casters from the Vehicle Sprues on the front of weapons. I've seen people buy bits off of other sites, or use guitar string and plasticard tubes to mangle up some heavy weapons. It all comes down to what you want your Noise Marines to look like.

I'm a stickler for accuracy, so I stick with GW product.

Silaconis
Now we're getting somewhere...

Postby Silaconis » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:22 pm

DrBored wrote:http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440339a&prodId=prod1400035

There's the official Games Workshop Sonic Blasters. It has 5 Sonic Blasters and 1 Blastmaster. You get 1 Sonic Blaster and 1 Blastmaster in each box of actual Noise Marines, along with 3 special Noise Marine heads, a special Noise Marine torso, and a Power Weapon and Doom Siren.

There are many ways you could simply convert a Sonic Blaster and Blastmaster though. I've seen people put Daemonette heads on the front of Bolters and Heavy Bolters. I've seen people use the Dirge Casters from the Vehicle Sprues on the front of weapons. I've seen people buy bits off of other sites, or use guitar string and plasticard tubes to mangle up some heavy weapons. It all comes down to what you want your Noise Marines to look like.

I'm a stickler for accuracy, so I stick with GW product.

Thanks, i guess i'l just take the money i had by for my next HQ and put it into the bitz fund, i'm not a big fan of conversions.

Magnus01
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Magnus01 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:36 am

I don't really see any other way than what DrBored suggested about the bitz unless your really, really, really, really, really good at green stuffing which I'm guessing your not. (not even a lot of experts are).
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

Return to “Forces of Chaos”