It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: battleforce
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:46 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

michael01120 wrote:
I believe it is 4 attacks on the charge :
2 base + 1 for charging & +1 for having bolt pistol and close combat weapon.

and if I do build them with the special weapons am I meant to just foot slog them ?

Rhinos all the way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:56 am 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
michael01120 wrote:
I believe it is 4 attacks on the charge :
2 base + 1 for charging & +1 for having bolt pistol and close combat weapon.

and if I do build them with the special weapons am I meant to just foot slog them ?

They have 1 attack on their statline. Aspiring Champions have 2 attacks base. And no, because you can now infiltrate in your dedicated transport, although infiltrating Chosen don't need them.

In short, two real ways to run Chosen:
Infiltrating Chosen with five plasma guns; use them to wreak havoc on whatever gets close.

Outflanking Chosen with a Aspiring Champion with a powerfist and 3-4 meltaguns, to again, wreak havoc on whatever gets close.

Personally, I like outflanking Chosen because reserves are better, and the new rules for transports increases the effective threat range for the meltaguns from about 20" to 24", and up to 30" if you don't need the melta special rule to take down what you're shooting at.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:28 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

so your saying I should outflank so I can blow a tank up with melta while in the comfort of a rhino.
But can you fire all yours weapons inside the transport out of a single firing point ?

or is their a max amount of shots you can make while inside a transport.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:48 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
well unless fire points have been changed you can fire two weapons ( as per faq last ic hecked)

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:19 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

michael01120 wrote:
so your saying I should outflank so I can blow a tank up with melta while in the comfort of a rhino.
But can you fire all yours weapons inside the transport out of a single firing point ?

That would be good with the Normal marines but arn't you putting berserkers in their?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:47 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Magnus01 wrote:
michael01120 wrote:

That would be good with the Normal marines but arn't you putting berserkers in their?

yes I am , I was just asking as I may get another rhino later on and try this tactic to see if it is viable and worth it :D. how am I meant to get my berserker's out of the transport into bloody combat when I can't assault after waiting a turn in a transport ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:59 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
disembark them behind the rhino then next turn move the rhino out of the way i guess?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:16 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Predict where the enemy is going next turn e.g. If they will attack them, if they will run away, if they stand and shoot ect. Then deploy your troops accordingly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:02 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
michael01120 wrote:
No. You outflank, move cruising speed, disembark 6" away from it, and point melta death at the biggest thing you dislike.

michael01120 wrote:
yes I am , I was just asking as I may get another rhino later on and try this tactic to see if it is viable and worth it :D. how am I meant to get my berserker's out of the transport into bloody combat when I can't assault after waiting a turn in a transport ?
Its viable and deadly. Not much can survive 4 point-blank meltagun shots.

As for the Berzerkers, you're probably better off parking the Rhino next to what you want to assault, disembark on the other side so the Rhino blocks line of sight, and just move it on the next turn. Rhinos are only about 3 inches wide.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:34 am 

you know chosen can take 5 meltas right? they were pretty amazing in 5th i have no idea how they're working out in 6th

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:36 am 

fluffyfen wrote:
you know chosen can take 5 meltas right? they were pretty amazing in 5th i have no idea how they're working out in 6th

When I take melta chosen, I like to have a Champion with a powerfist, which uses up one of the weapon options.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:50 am 

eh i think upgrading him to a champ then giving a p-fist is to many points but whatever works for you lol.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:58 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I thought you could only disembark if you move 6 inches - any more than that and you can't get out of the transport.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:52 am 

michael01120 wrote:
I thought you could only disembark if you move 6 inches - any more than that and you can't get out of the transport.

Damn, I see that in the rulebook now. They changed that. Still, outflanking meltaguns are still great.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:51 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

yes I will outflank with some melta guys & blow up a battle wagon or even a leman russ.