It is currently Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Slaanesh Army?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:33 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Hey all. I love Slaanesh. Favorite Chaos God of all of them. Noise Marines, Daemonettes, Keepers of Secrets, it's all good.

I originally just wanted to make a force that I could ally my Chaos Marines with, but after going through some models, I may actually have enough for a full force. Here's what I'm going to be building from:

HQ - Masque
HQ - Herald of Slaanesh
Troop - 15 Daemonettes
Troop - 15 Daemonettes
Elite - 6 Fiends of Slaanesh
Elite - 6 Fiends of Slaanesh
Heavy - Daemon Prince
Heavy - Daemon Prince

Not too shabby right? With the new rules for deep strike (terrain is just dangerous instead of a mishap. Was that the way it was in 5th?) I'm not too keen on taking a bunch of icons. I'd like to expand the army to include a Cavalcade of Slaanesh (the new chariots) later on, as well as a Keeper of Secrets that I'm looking to convert.

I'm thinking that the Daemon Princes will have Unholy Might and Daemonic Flight, but little else. I'll just vector strike them all over the place and let them take out fliers. I'll give the Herald Pavane and the Daemonettes Transfixing Gaze. With the new rules for Fleet, Pavane got rather awesome, as you can use it in the shooting phase and then reroll those dice for fleet and get a lot more distance out of your charges than most other things. The Fiends are pretty stock.

I have yet to calculate the points on this.. but what do you guys think? I'd like to get another full squad of Daemonettes in there, and also probably run the Aegis Defense line with Comm Tower to help my army get on the table faster...

Post subject: Re: Slaanesh Army?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:00 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Hi!

To actually win games w/o tabling the enemy, you might want to get few more troops. This might bump the list from 1500 to over it and you might need to go to 1850 or 2000 after that, but just a taught.

I really don't see that much use for UM with DP as it doesn't really work with vector strikes (atleast this is how i read the rules). Other than that S6 rarely offers anything big vs S5 as you can SMASH! for S10 anyway. Maybe run Gaze for some fire support instead? Pavine for DP would be great, but it's simply too expensive IMHO as you need to take the not so usefull mark also.

One problem i see also is the overall weakness. If you don't get a charge after the DS turn, you are toasted. 6 units in total and all of them are quite fragile compared to the points they cost. This list can't cope at all with troops in transports as you first need to assault the transport, and next turn you will get a full load of rapid fire goodness.

Those are my first taughts. TBH, one thing you might want to do is just run the list in a friendly game or two and see how it goes.

Post subject: Re: Slaanesh Army?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:01 am 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Thanks for the tips! I do agree it really lacks in ranged stuff. I may have to throw in a Soul Grinder for that extra transport popping potential. Vector Strike says it uses the 'unmodified Strength Value' but Unholy Might increases the base strength by 1. Tough to say, really, but I'm pretty sure that Unholy Might contributes to the damage that Vector Strike can cause, and doing d3+1 str 6 hits will get you more chances to pen and glance fliers and transports...